C&K 2316 Panel; Watchdog Reset

The 2316 panel has a "Watchdog" circuit The circuit board also has an LED labeled Watchdog.

My question is: What does the Watchdog watch? What is it about the panel that requires it to reset itself -- and send us a "watchdog reset" signal?

My concern is a customer who is complaining that he peridoically finds the SERVICE light on for no apparent reason. He then shuts off the light by entering *1#, the resetting function.

The SERVICE light, when lighted, indicates the precise problem by flashing slow or fast, or in unison with another light on the keypad. Matching the condition with a chart in the manual determines the problem.

When the SERVICE light flashes slowly (no other lights flashing or on steady) the keypad manual says that the cause is "Panel has reset itself. System OK. To reset SERVICE light, press *1#."

I am unable to find any documentation that explains why the system is resetting. Resetting from what?

Charles

Reply to
chasbo
Loading thread data ...

The watchdog circuit will check for abnormal conditions within the board, it sounds like you have a flaky board

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.