Telular Telguard TG-1 & TG-4 Service Pricing

What's Bob Worthy's favourite phrase: Oh, yeah... "Click File Save". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Wrong again, Olson.

Nope. You're still wrong.

I'm not surprised.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Correct, you aren't providing monitoring service however since you are offering the devices for sale and are (I assume) activating the units then you are a dealer for Telguard and offering their monitoring

If you are the dealer then he is correct, even if you aren't you are in effect an agent of that dealer

And on a side note it's interesting that the closer one gets to the truth concerning you the less words you say in your defense

I shall call this phenomenon 'The Bass Effect"

A perfect 3 word example! Huzzah!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That won't matter to the cellular backup

Trust me, it will still be expensive

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thats a good point, he sells them therfore he must be able to activate them and we all know how supportive he is of DIY'ers

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And since Telguard 'forwards' the signals derived from the unit that means RLB has a 3rd party regular monitoring service in his contract (or so it would seem). The plot thickens.

Why is he wrong?

I shall call his activities illegal, they are subject to Florida law that requires alarm monitoring resellers to be licensed.

Norm Mugford - do you agree?

It's really a four word example. Conjunctions count as two words.

Reply to
Carnival Midway Hawker

Seems our friend is offering monitoring again, illegally.

Reply to
Carnival Midway Hawker

guard 'forwards' the signals derived from the unit that

Weellllllll ......now see, ya gotta be careful what words you choose, when you're responding to Fat Ass Bass.

Ya gotta think about whats on his mind every minute of the day and what the word "plot" conjures up.

Reply to
Jim

Since I don't know the details on who activates the units I can't go that far however I've decided to rename the phenomenon to "The Bassa Nova" which is derived from a mid-60's dance, seemed more fitting

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Nope. He's wrong. But don't let that stop you from agreeing with him.

Florida statute makes no mention of remote programming. It also makes no mention of nor does it concern itself with going to a website to order services on behalf of an end user.

I just enjoy watching you idiots try to figure out what I mean and what services I offer. You've yet to get it right in over eight years. All the bullfrank about Florida statutes, even one idiot claiming that there's a new law written in my name, is just that bull.

I'll give you a hint, moron. There's a huge difference between ordering services which the DIYer pays someone else for and providing services.

I don't offer monitoring services and I don't collect RMR. What I found over the years is that an installing dealer is in a better position to collect RMR than an online provider. Too many accounts "forget" to pay. People also move, leaving systems reporting and the dealer remains responsible to pay for it even after the RMR has stopped coming in.

I can make more profitable use of my time selling new systems than chasing after unpaid monitoring contracts. So I stopped.

I know you idiots like to pretend it had something to do with Mugford's pals' bogus complaint but that's just bullshit and you know it. The agent concluded that my business was and is fully compliant with Florida law and that was the end of it. Had he found otherwise, Mugford would have been hopping around boasting about it like Jiminex in a new rowboat.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If he is reselling monitoring VIA Telguard, he is ->monitoring

Reply to
Carnival Midway Hawker

Do you activate the Telguard units? You already said you did.

Reply to
Carnival Midway Hawker

I think that's open to "interpretation" though.

I've noticed this too.

Your meaning is rather clear. Frank's right. Complaints from people outside of your State have fallen on deaf ears. When the complaint originated with a licensed tradesman *in* Florida, though, some major changes took place on your website.

So I'm kinda "fuzzy" about the difference between offering monitoring services in which you were named the "Dealer" and activating a cellular communicator which also requires your registration as the "servicing Dealer". In an earlier post you'd stated that you couldn't provide "on site" help to a DIY that purchased product from you and who may just live "down the road" from you because that would be construed as "service" (and technically require licensure under Florida's Statutes). I don't see the difference between providing this "service" either "in person" or over the phone. The Florida Statute is full of such loopholes though, and I think it's only a matter of time before they're going to limit your "services" to simple sale of product.

Your "contract" stated that the *homeowner* was responsible. I could hardly think any CS would hold their Dealer responsible for the fact that the customer moved without notice or decided he wasn't going to pay for the service any longer.

And it was a "coincidence" that at the same time you decided it was time to quit "chasing after unpaid monitoring contracts", the DBPR was investigating your operation... Sure...

No actually, we don't. We only have your word for it and we all know "your word" means next to nothing.

Yes, yes... and you have many "friends and neighbours" that happen to be pilots and engineers that all say you can't roll a Boeing 737. Just as I have many acquaintances that are Airline Transport rated pilots and aircraft engineers that say the exact opposite. We know all this, Bass. It doesn't "prove" anything besides the fact that you like to post hearsay. I have a friend that's actually seen the movie I have, and posted that fact in this Group. You've called him a "sock puppet" and even suggested that "he" is "me". You've also been unable to prove that too, Bass.

I believe Bob Worthy knows what really happened and it appears there was some disagreement in the Attorney General's Office over the wording of the Statute. Hopefully, they're going to be able to amend that section so that it's less ambiguous and not open to the kind of interpretation we all know you're capable of.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes........

I agree.......

Do I hear a motion to send in an unlicensed activity complaint for Mr. BAss.......

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Lame, Norm... really lame...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hmm. Soliciting another bogus complaint, eh Mugford? You really aught to check Florida's rules for employees. I never filed a formal complaint against anyone yet, but perhaps it's time to deal with you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"I never filed a formal complaint against anyone yet, but perhaps it's time to deal with you".

You Lie, You Lie, You Lie!!!! You've filed several Mr. BAss....

I welcome your complaint Mr. BAss.

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Why not just get fully licensed in Florida? Is there something preventing you from becoming a fully licensed alarm professional? What would that be?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

In our state (Illinois) everyone "in the trade" must be licensed by the Dept. of Professional Regulation, including "online sellers". Isn't it ironic that he (and his Liberal views) had to run away from a Democrat state to set up shop in a Republican state in order to conduct business without excessive government oversight and regulation. In our highly Democrat state (blame Chicago) he couldn't sell squat.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Stanley....I'm sure he doesn't tell his DIY'ers in Illinois that he is not licensed to sell in that area of the country, even if it's only "on line sales".

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.