Telular Telguard TG-1 & TG-4 Service Pricing

Not sure why you'd need serial port.

You're gonna run into similar problem in that Uplink only sells service to alarm dealers though.

| > >Does anyone know how the Honeywell AlarmNet 7435-GSM unit would | > >interface into the Caddx NX-8e panel? It's not too clear to me how that | > >hook-up would be accomplished (there doesn't seem to be a lot of | > >documentation on the Honeywell site on installation information that I | > >could find at least.) Also, would the connection provide full Contact | > >ID reporting?You won't get full CID reporting with Alarmnet and a GE panel. It can | > only be used in 'zone' mode with panels without a Honeywell ECP bus. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

"code-locked" by default. There's a different 6-digit master

cover which protects the uProcessor. By removing the label

effectively locked the client out.

the installing dealer. At least with Napco the customer

Only on the P3200 and up, not the P1632 and lower

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Sure you could use the siren trigger from the Caddx panel although it's not an elegant way to use a 7845 and you only get 2 types of alarm signals

For that panel the TelGuard is a much better choice for full reporting

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm pretty sure the only way you can get the Uplink AnyNet to do CID reporting is hooking up the Serial Port from the panel. I'd have to re-read the documentation, but I believe this is how it works (please correct me if I'm wrong here.)

I've found a few alarm service m> Not sure why you'd need serial port.

Reply to
racerx90

For the most part I did save some money by doing the installation myself, but price really wasn't the real motivational factor for me (again, I wasn't happy with my "professional" installation of my previous system.) However, knowing now what my neighbor paid to have his ADT system installed, it definitely makes me feel good about the money savings part (even better knowing I have much better coverage for half the price.)

What Bass isn't telling everyone though is the money I have been spending on my system has been going to him! :) (BTW, thanks for the quick shipment (again) for my order last week.) Even though I know he takes a lot of abuse by people here, he does run a good business for DIYers with very quick turn-around based on my own personal experience of dealing with him. I can't say the same for some of the other companies I've dealt with.

(Now, do I get that 50% off my next order coupon you promised me since I posted what you told me to?!?! No, no.. Just kidding - he never said that, but I couldn't resist the hazing! Thanks for the help though!)

Reply to
racerx90

So where did you get the TelGuards?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've been told the AnyNet supports the serial output from the NX-8E although I don't have any info on it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That would get you full reporting however you also have to set the Uplink up to transmit CID via Uplink's web page

Reply to
Mark Leuck

A dealer on ebay was liquidating his unused stock a while back (maybe they decided not to carry Telguard - honestly, I'm not really too sure what his reasoning was to sell them.) To make a long story short, I have two of them that are still new in the box, but I haven't got around to hooking one up yet until I can guaranteed I'm going to get service on it (thus my current search for an alarm monitoring service.)

Also, thanks for the > So where did you get the TelGuards?

Reply to
racerx90

I was doing some surfing just now, and noticed there's actually a digital (GSM) version of the older Uplink 1650 with pass-thru's for the RJ31x jack like the Telguard RG-4. It's made by Stealth Laboratories and is based off of the Uplink AnyNet. From what I read on their web site it looks like it should provide full CID reporting without having the need to hook it up directly via serial. Here's a link:

formatting link
The good part is that it should be very simple to hook into my Caddx system and I also know of a few monitoring companies that will activate this for me. I'm going to call them tomorrow to get more details since none of their dealer links actually provide any information on the unit (although the documentation is dated 12/26/06 so it looks to be fairly new) or the price.

This might be a good soluti> wrote in

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

also have to set the Uplink up

Reply to
racerx90

Dunno. I think DMP has an Uplink/Stealth that reports fully from the 100 & 500 panels but I've not used it yet.

Actually, I'd never really noticed the serial port on the AnyNet till this thread ... gettin olde me thinks.

| > You're gonna run into similar problem in that Uplink only sells service to | > alarm dealers though. | >

| >

| > | > >Does anyone know how the Honeywell AlarmNet 7435-GSM unit would | > | > >interface into the Caddx NX-8e panel? It's not too clear to me how | that | > | > >hook-up would be accomplished (there doesn't seem to be a lot of | > | > >documentation on the Honeywell site on installation information that | I | > | > >could find at least.) Also, would the connection provide full Contact | > | > >ID reporting?You won't get full CID reporting with Alarmnet and a GE | > panel. It can | > | > only be used in 'zone' mode with panels without a Honeywell ECP bus. | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hmm. I wouldn't have told them anyway, but in truth I didn't realize at first that you were one of my customers. Next time contact me, please let me know that it was you posting here. No 50% breaks, but I'd still like to know. :^)

Thanks for the kind words. I try to give good service. Once in a while we screw up but for the most part we get things right.

You're most welcome.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'm aware of that and Elk offers a similar option but it still requires enabling the Uplink to report CID via their web page

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

however you also have to set the Uplink up

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark-

Sounds great - this is exactly what I'm looking for - full CID reporting. I've read a posting from someone else who has the Uplink AnyNet with the alarm service I'm looking to go with and they stated they have full CID reporting working - so hopefully I shouldn't have a problem getting everything to play together.

I still need to go through each of the zones in the panel and set them up to make sure they're reporting correctly (I skipped through this part since the system wasn't monitored yet anyway.)

Today, I talked to someone who I believe will help get me the Stealth Labs GSM 1650 cellular link through a dealer. It's a fairly new unit and my assumptions were right that it looks like most of their dealers don't even know about it yet. I should hear more within a day or so on the pricing and availability (doesn't matter if it takes a bit since I still have a few more sensors to install in the house before I go about activating the system anyway.)

Thanks.

Reply to
racerx90

For a Caddx NX-8E? If you haven't screwed with the reporting codes leave it alone

Its going to be expensive like the old 1650

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark-

I should have been more clear. I didn't mean the actual event code on the zone, but the zone characteristics (Fire, 24-hour (non-fire), Keyswitch, Delay, Follower, Interior, etc..)

I'm still in the process of adding more modules (I'm down to the next to impossible to wire modules now! :) so I still haven't finished all the programming yet. I'd like to do the program setup in one shot verses messing with it every time I add in a new sensor.

That's my thought too, but I'm hoping I might get a little "break" on the price since the idea is to try to buy directly from the distributor. I really hope this pans out, but we'll see though. I probably should have at least inquired today what the suggested retail pricing will be (completely forgot to ask.)

Either way on the cost, I'm out of ideas on how to get the Telguard to be activated (no one I've talked to is interested in touching it), so right now expensive or not I think this is my only option for GSM cellular with CID reporting. At least there's a few options on alarm monitoring services with the Uplink who will sign me up for service.

Reply to
racerx90

Why don't you ask Robert Bass how he activates the ones he sells?

Reply to
Carnival Midway Hawker

hehehe

Reply to
spike

In other words you're providing "monitoring service" and "setup" for customers purchasing Telguard, Uplink, and AlarmNet communicators. That means you'd be deriving revenue (you call it RMR) from being a "Dealer". Interesting.

Reply to
FIRETEK

I'm surprised he hasn't "offered to" already...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.