Napco

That's for sure. Between companies selling so-called "free" systems that are worth just that, fast-buck artists like Fowler bilking customers left and right and morons behaving like schoolyard bullies in USENET, the public is being told over and over that the industry is nothing more than a carnival (not the same as "Carnaval"")) midway.

That is truly unfortunate because there are many qualified, caring professionals in the industry (only a very of them few here) whose trade is tarnished by the behavior of a few low-lifes. Sad.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Interesting. This coming from the "premier" fast-buck artist in Usenet. What is it now? *Four* websites all selling the same product? Fifteen (and rising) complaints at the Better Business Bureau in the last three years? I don't think Tom (or anyone else from the group you frequently denigrate) sells product he neither endorses, recommends, or supports, yet here you are telling us that "DSC is crap" while at the same time extolling it's virtues on the home page of home-automation.us.com.

You are right on one count though. You do make this a "carnival midway" full of "kicks and giggles". I particularly like the link to your "home-automation" guest book. Reading that is definitely worth the "price of admission".

Before you "start" slinging mud around the group again, how about explaining how you "worked in the trade" for three years without an L-6, and a further six years without an L-5 (in CT)? How many systems did you actually install *without* a permit? As to your equally ludicrous claim to having opened a "modestly successful central station alarm company" in 1979 with no experience and no customer base, well... enough said! "29 years in the industry"... Right!

Actually I'm pretty darn happy that you're no longer in the trade. You must feel pretty "safe" posting this kinda crap all the way from Brazil though, eh?

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

ADT bought 15 410's off me a couple years ago.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas
15 Years ago I had the chance to clean my ex-partners garage out and forgot the 410! One of my electrician buddy's did give me an Acron sans chips though! Still have it if anyone, Jim or otherwise wants it!

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

I can use them.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

The best garage find ever was an old Aiphone LAF-5 intercom station. Friends of mine in western Connecticut ran a group home for young women with chemical dependency problems. I had installed an Aiphone system for them as a courtesy shortly after they opened.

Years later there was a fire which pretty much destroyed the place. I went out to see if I could help in any way and while I was there I spotted an LAF-5. It was partially melted from the heat and had also been hit with water though the case was intact. For no particular reason I pulled it off what remained of the wall and tossed it into my trunk.

Several years later while cleaning out my garage I came across that old Aiphone unit. Just for fun I tried hooking up to a battery and a speaker. Sure enough, it still worked. :^)

Last time I was at ISC New York I told the Aiphone rep about it. His immediate reaction was, "Do you have pictures?" They probably would love to use it in a promotion but alas, it's long gone.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Just like your credibility.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

That big word was for you guys, I'm plonked !

I'm surprised he returned from that visit with the gay bear. Now there's a picture.

formatting link

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

formatting link

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.