Napco 1016e

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if it possible to default a Napco 1016e back to factory default settings?

New customer wants to get the system up and running after being powered down for about 2 years or so.

Or on the other had is this one of those panels that will lose all memory when completely powered down because the memory is in a EPROM not a EEPROM???

I already looked at the install manual on line but did not find the info I was looking for. I am sure someone here has that little tid-bit of info just waiting to be passed on to someone in need.

TIA

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

It can be done but it's not something I'd tell some in Usenet how to do.

And no you wont lose all programing.

Reply to
Jim

Well golly geewiz thanks for all the help. Now I really do have to call Napco on Monday.

It can be done but it's not something I'd tell some in Usenet how to do.

And no you wont lose all programing.

Reply to
ABLE_1

That won't do any good, they won't tell you either

Reply to
Mark Leuck

A 1016E? Those things were old 10 years ago. Even if you've defaulted a panel before you'd still have to call tech support because it is done so infrequently (unless you wrote it down). However if I remember correctly it starts by removing the metal can around the main chip and finding the jumper pin right next to it.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Ahhhh.....NOPE

Reply to
secure15

You have to dismount the main chip (unsolder it), and immerse it in a solution of 10% Palmolive, 5% Oil of Olay, and 20% Pantene Pro-V Conditioner. This thoroughly cleans the chip and leaves it feeling fresh and clean without erasing vital data and with fewer wrinkles.

Seriously, the OP should email Jim (Alarminex).

Reply to
Frank Olson

But he still needs PUK73.

That won't work. Jim has an email whitelist.

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

Dammit Frank, Now They ALL Know!

Frank Ols>> A 1016E? Those things were old 10 years ago.

Reply to
secure15

Is it Halloween already? js

Reply to
alarman

I suspect he was there to talk about my "whitelist" comment. I decided to push the button that reads "release the hounds". Nothing is funnier than a racist n***er running from a pack of pit bulls.

While choosing my words I had to decide if the "N" word was appropriate. In this case I feel it was truly justified. I am sick and tired of "reverse discrimination". If the likes of Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton want to start some shit... then bring it on. I am so tired of tiptoeing around the issue. Blacks are not slaves anymore in the US - they are not going to get any sympathy from me because their great-great- grandfathers were slaves. It is time for them to step up and quit being "victims". It is not "whiteys" fault that 90% of the prison population is black, yet the US population is only 20% black.

I am sick of hearing how "whitety" keeps the black man down.. That is bullshit! I know plenty of successful blacks, I am friends with two. These guys are not apologists for the scum that infests our cities. The scum that leeches off the government as some sort of "entitlement", the scum that are gang members -dealing drugs and stealing for an existence. The scum that teaches their offspring that becoming a rapper, athlete, or criminal is the only way to go. Fuck! I am fed up. If they don't want to live here and become productive, then I will personally buy 2 airline tickets for them to go back to Africa. They won't survive a day.

NAACP- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

-a respected organization?

What if I started: NAAWP- National Association for the Advancement of White People

- would I be a racist?

UNCF - United Negro College Fund

- a respected organization?

What if I started: UWCG - United White College Fund

-would I be a racist?

BET- Black Entertainment Television

- a respected organization?

What if I started: WET - White Entertainment Television

-would I be a racist?

I'm sure I'll be called a racist for this tirade.. So what? I'm a realist. Anyone that comes back to say I'm racist is either falling into the Political Correctness crap, or is so disillusioned because they live in a suburb where "it doesn't happen here", which is why the FUCK you moved there in the first place.

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

But tell us how you REALLY feel, Graham. js

Reply to
alarman

Next time I will.

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

When I was starting out, I spent my time working on Saturdays, not playing with my computer. Course I didn't have a computer then, but ...

The boys from Sector 7G

Reply to
Carl Carlson

still do and some sundays. I actually prefer working weekends because I can get more work done, fewer people in the way at the job and on the roads. and no knocking off at 4:30 so u can get home by 5. like my old boss used to say: u need to work from can to can't. unless of course you're a trust fund baby. oh yea and quit worrying about everyone else. I'm sure u have a plate full all by yourself. ;)

Reply to
Bud

He asked for advice.

The boys from sector 7G

Reply to
Carl Carlson

Take some photos at the next cross burning k?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Bud

Nice rant, kook.

Do you burn crosses too?

Reply to
Fred Hall

Thanks.

Nope. I am not racist, but I'm not going to allow racists to trample all over me either. It works ->2ways

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.