Napco 5.2

Why is Napco so stingy with making the 5.2 download software available? It isn't on their site and the over the counter guys don't have a copy of it either. I had to call our rep to get him to send us a copy. What is in there anyway that they don't want to let you download it, and only make it available on CD? If not for the posts here I don't know that I would have discovered the 5.2 version.

Reply to
Roland
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
alarman

Probably hidden in the tech section

Reply to
lloyd

My Napco rep said their main problem is some guy named Stevens who keeps calling them and whining about a competitor named Bass Home Electronics beating him on price. He says they offer Napco equipment to DIYers ate near wholesale prices making it hard for him to sell anything.

It is unfortunate that this Stevens character, whoever he is, is his own worst enema. Apparently the guy doesn't bathe too often so prospective clients rarely let him finish canned, 30-minute sale pitch before showing him the door.

I feel sorry for the guy but there's not much you can to help someone like that. As one sage poster put it, ignorance can be cured with education but there is no known treatment for stupidity.

Note: The above story, like the preceding post, is a work of fiction. The characters in the story are fictional and any similarity to the names of real persons, even stupid ones, is unintentional.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You have to order it. Call your rep and you'll have it in a few days.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Roland

Heh I wish I hadn't opened my mouth about it, I've had it for months. It is entirely possible they discovered a bug somewhere and aren't releasing it until it's fixed

Instruments

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Roland Moore

The current release is 5.2. Last time I checked it was still being evaluated but they are releasing it to any dealer who asks for it. They fixed a few things on the error check routine and added some older panels.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

ated but they are releasing it to any dealer who asks for

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
ken5156

Well then you are a release ahead of me it seems, anything added?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Roland

Heh thats how I got 5.2.1, I wish Napco would update the download software on the web page more often like Honeywell or GE

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Their new "improved" website design is awful. They haven't kept up the downloader file for a while. Asked about the new release and they said it's only available by mail. No problem. I received 5.4.1 in a few days.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.