Napco Modem

Anyone have any first hand experience with Napco's Star Comm Modem... Like how to get the darn thing working!!!

Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill
Loading thread data ...

I bought one of their modems several years ago. It worked straight out of the box. If your's is giving you trouble, send it back. They're pretty good about warrantee issues.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

I prefer the Cardinal MB2400EX. It works with just about anything except FBI.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I have a couple of the Cardinals and they work just fine with Napco software.

Note: If you don't have the PCI 2000 interface then you have to leave a phone off hook to maintain your connection. I have done it in a pinch, but its easier to just get Napco to send you an interface package or two if you have more than one downloader computer.

I have the old Hayes for FBI.

I use a USR Sportster for Caddx because it transfers faster.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

I use a desktop speakerphone with a mute button.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I don't know if it's the PCI2000 interface giving me problems, or if it's the modem........... I'm thinking about switching to something that doesn't require the crazy interface...........

Reply to
Russell Brill

I sent you an e-mail direct...... I have some questions..... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Not sure. Its just the modem I had hooked up when I started the software.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I use it quite a bit for Napco, haven't had any problems and haven't had to do any fiddling with it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mine isn't using the PCI2000 interface

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Only thing I don't like about that modem is the speaker can't put out enough volume.

Then again I may be going deaf...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I got it working...... It helps when everything is connected correctly :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Jim,

I got the StarComm Modem working... However, I'm still interested in the Cardinals... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Stick with the StarComm, it uses a standard AC transformer you can get anywhere, the Cardinal has like a 9-pin din connector and a low volume speaker

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.