dsc 5501 and dsc 5500 keypads

Hello group,

I am thinking of adding some keypads to my system. I have a 5010 with a wireless (433mHz) keypad. I have 17 zones listed on the door.

I would have liked to add 2 5500's but finding a used one at a "good price" might take some time.

Will an LCD5501z work just as well in my current setup? I do not know if there is a zone limit or what on these keypads. What is the difference in the two types (5501/5500)??

Is there going to be any sort of programming needed after the extra keypad is hooked up for either the 5501 or the 5500 ??

Thanks.

Alp

Reply to
alp
Loading thread data ...

Yes you can add the 5501's and yes you will need to address the keypads so they can be supervised. It's in the manual.

Reply to
Tommy

alp" price" might take some time.

I offered you a used (like new) LCD5500Z for $50. What do you consider a "good price"? The 5500 is a custom text LCD, (You can enter custom zone descriptions) and the 5501 is fixed text that gives just the zone numbers (01, 02, etc.) and is more like what you already have. js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

Thanks for the info JS. As for prices, I should ask if you are located in the US or Canada. I have currency exchange to consider, shipping, and most likely taxes on the import. I have seen 5500's sell for 40 to 50 US over the last few days on EBAy.

Alp

Reply to
alp

Thank you Tom.

Reply to
alp

alp"

Reply to
Carl Carlson

Reply to
Tommy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.