Power 832 Panel with 2 Partitions and Common Entry Door

I am having some difficulty understanding how to properly program a DSC Power 832 panel with 2 partitions sharing a common entry door. This is in a duplex with an outside door to a hallway. Each apartment has it's own entry door off of this common hallway. I have two LCD keypads (one for each unit) located in the hallway between the outside door and the interior apartment doors.

I have all 3 doors programmed as Delay 1 (Type 01) Zones. The outside door is assigned to both partitions. Each interior door is assigned only to its own partition.

When one partition is armed and the other is not, everything seems to work fine. The common outside door is not armed. If the interior door is opened before the corresponding partition is disarmed, the entry timer starts and the user can disarm the partition.

The problem I am having is when both partitions are armed. When I open the common outside door, it starts the entry timer on both partitions. Both partitions need to be disarmed to prevent an alarm from starting.

This is obviously NOT the way this system needs to work. Once the common door is opened, disarming either partition needs to disarm the common door.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix this?

Thanks,

Reply to
Mike Schumann
Loading thread data ...

I have a feeling that both keypads are assigned to the same keypad address or as Global Keypads. If they are LCD keypads one needs to start with address 8 then use 7 for the other. On LED keypads you could use address 1 and 2. To assign a keypad to a slot and select the partition it will operate, enter the following: Step 1 - Enter Installer Programming Step 2 - Press [000] for Keypad Programming Step 3 - Press [0] for Partition and Slot Assignment Enter a two digit number to specify the partition and slot assignment.

1st digit Enter 0 for Global Keypad; Enter 1 for Partition 1 Keypad; Enter 2 for Partition 2 Keypad 2nd digit Enter 1 to 8 for Slot Assignment Press the [#] key twice to exit programming. Continue this procedure at each keypad until all have been assigned to the correct slot.

5.9 Partitions /Zone Assignment A partition is a defined area which will operate independent of another area of the system. The panel can be divided into two partitions. For example, in an office/warehouse installation it may be necessary to limit warehouse employees from accessing the office and office employees from accessing the warehouse. Any zone can be assigned to either, or both partitions. Any Access Code can be assigned to work on either, or both partitions (See Section 3.4 "[*] Commands, [*][5] Programming Access Codes"). Global Zones are zones assigned to both partitions. A common zone will only be armed when both partitions are armed and will be disarmed when either partition is disarmed. Keypads can be assigned to work on either partition or can be assigned for Global operation (See Section 2.6 "Keypad Assignment").

Reply to
Just Looking

My system is configured properly. I just got done talking to DSC. When the common zone is violated, it sets off the entry delay on both partitions. When you disarm one of the partitions, the other partition goes into a new entry delay. However, it will not go into alarm. At the end of the entry delay, it just goes back into its normal armed state.

The DSC tech agreed that this was not ideal behavior. I tested this, and sure enough the panel won't actually go into an alarm state after the 2nd entry delay period.

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Just another quality DSC product. I love that stuff! I guess you'll have to go and get a PC 1832 to replace it, since they won't repair those PC5010 units anymore (we can't get PC 5010 or 5020NA around here since there not officially CP-01) and I am sure it is out of the 15 minute warranty window (by now) that DSC offers these days.

Reply to
Just Looking

boy that's dumb...so if you had a keypad in the other partition's master bedroom it would give entry beeps ... nice really nice feature.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.