DSC 5501-433 Keypad

I have installed a second 5501-433 Keypad on a security system. When I enrole the pad it works for about 2 mintues then seems to fail. No key works and only the time is displayed. I have installed one several weeks ago and it failed. I purchased another keypad and installed it on a different DSC

832 board. The new keypad did the same thing as the original pad. Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong. I have checked to make sure that the wiring is correct. I have a LED pad installed with the 5501 and it works fine.

Thanks, Billy Correll

Reply to
Bilcor
Loading thread data ...

"Bilcor" wrote in news:88c80f76fbeca@uwe:

Do you have the keypads set to different addresses?

Reply to
motley me

do you have the keypad set to an active partion?

"Bilcor" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

88c80f76fbeca@uwe...
Reply to
Petem

You cannot hook up two receivers to the same panel. Each one of those keypads have a receiver built in. There is a module that will be needed if you absolutely need two receivers for coverage issues. If it is a normal home, you should only need the one and then add just the plain PK5501 keypad for the second location instead of the RK5501-433. I haven't run into too many locations where two receivers were necessary and we do some pretty big homes.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I only have one 5501 and one LED keypad. What I was saying is that I have purchased another new 5501-433 and installed that one keypad on a different DSC 832 system. The new keypad did the same thing as the original key pad (worked about 2 or 3 minutes then only the time is displayed and none of the keys work. I have checked the power and it is 13.8 volts which is normal for the DSC boards. It is as if the keypad burns out after a few minutes.

Billy

Bob Worthy wrote:

Reply to
Bilcor via HomeKB.com

"Bilcor via HomeKB.com" wrote in news:88dff0c5b294c@uwe:

Are you trying to put the new keypad on an old 832 board or on an 1832 board. The new style keypads will not work with old style boards. However the old keypads will work with the new(1832) boards.

Reply to
motley me

Just flip the system to GE and avoid all the trouble

Reply to
George Siegle

Or put in a Boinks panel... ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.