Programming a Napco GEM-P9600 V9 E-Prom Attn Robert Bass

I tried to get hold of you for quite some time today via the phone...I needed a pci-mini and some other stuff. Since I couldn't get hold of you today, I picked one up elsewhere :-(. Hopefully we cross paths at some point :-). I need to setup camera's?so I do need further assistance regarding purchases.

I've got a GEM-P9600. Went to change the time using the keypad...in short, ended up disabling the entire alarm panel. DUH All zones are altered, nothing is recognized and the two additional keypads are now obviously not in the system. That's what you get when you use the 6 digit master code via the keypad?lol

?so now I have to re-program the setup via laptop?almost impossible to do via the keypad!!

We are going to need a few cameras and other items. I hope to get hold of you within the next day or so for a few additional items.

? Do you have at least an e-mail address, I didn't notice one from your site?

Once I connect the laptop?I've never used quickloader for windows?I hope it is a bit easier to use vs the keypad!! Do you have any advice? Probably easier to discuss this via the phone?but any pre-help would be great.

One thing that I've noticed is that the programming sheets (I've downloaded a variety of versions obviously) vary a bit. I'm assuming that the windows based utility is much easier correct? Since I do not have the pci mini as of yet?I've not looked at the software configuration. Is it intuitive?

How do I know which sheets to follow for my setup? I don't think I've found an older programming sheet that matches my setup. As mentioned, the E-prom is V9 and the keypads are two GEM-RP1CA's and 1 GEM-RP1CAe.

Looking forward to doing business with you soon!

Reply to
Sammi
Loading thread data ...

a pci-mini and some other stuff. Since I couldn't get hold of you today, I picked one up elsewhere :-(. Hopefully we cross paths at some point :-). I need to setup camera's?so I do need further assistance regarding purchases.

(sigh)

Reply to
Frank Olson

a pci-mini and some other stuff. Since I couldn't get hold of you today, I picked one up elsewhere :-(. Hopefully we cross paths at some point :-). I need to setup camera's?so I do need further assistance regarding purchases.

heh.

Reply to
Moe Szyslak

"Sammi"

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You're also gonna need a version 11E Chip to correct the Daylight Savings Time Debacle.

Sammi wrote:

ended up disabling the entire alarm panel. DUH All zones are altered, nothing is recognized and the two additional keypads are now obviously not in the system. That's what you get when you use the 6 digit master code via the keypad?lol

the keypad!!

within the next day or so for a few additional items.

a bit easier to use vs the keypad!! Do you have any advice? Probably easier to discuss this via the phone?but any pre-help would be great.

variety of versions obviously) vary a bit. I'm assuming that the windows based utility is much easier correct? Since I do not have the pci mini as of yet?I've not looked at the software configuration. Is it intuitive?

an older programming sheet that matches my setup. As mentioned, the E-prom is V9 and the keypads are two GEM-RP1CA's and 1 GEM-RP1CAe.

Reply to
secure15

Napco needs a chip to do that? Sheesh.

| > I've got a GEM-P9600. Went to change the time using the keypad...in short, ended up disabling the entire alarm panel. DUH All zones are altered, nothing is recognized and the two additional keypads are now obviously not in the system. That's what you get when you use the 6 digit master code via the keypad?lol | >

| > ?so now I have to re-program the setup via laptop?almost impossible to do via the keypad!! | >

| > We are going to need a few cameras and other items. I hope to get hold of you within the next day or so for a few additional items. | >

| > ? Do you have at least an e-mail address, I didn't notice one from your site? | >

| > Once I connect the laptop?I've never used quickloader for windows?I hope it is a bit easier to use vs the keypad!! Do you have any advice? Probably easier to discuss this via the phone?but any pre-help would be great. | >

| > One thing that I've noticed is that the programming sheets (I've downloaded a variety of versions obviously) vary a bit. I'm assuming that the windows based utility is much easier correct? Since I do not have the pci mini as of yet?I've not looked at the software configuration. Is it intuitive? | >

| > How do I know which sheets to follow for my setup? I don't think I've found an older programming sheet that matches my setup. As mentioned, the E-prom is V9 and the keypads are two GEM-RP1CA's and 1 GEM-RP1CAe. | >

| >

| > Looking forward to doing business with you soon! | >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hi Sammi,

My apologies. Bob Campbell showed up and the two of us took the afternoon off. I'll be helping someone else program his system from 11:30 until around 12:00 noon. I will be available after that if you need help, regardless where you bought it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You don't even need to concern yourself with DST unless you're doing scheduled auto-arm, auto-disarm, etc. The chip upgrade is to accommodate the US-mandated change in DST. Many other panels don't have a way to change it at all.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

point, click, save.

Reply to
spamo

On Mar 20, 11:33 pm, Sammi

Reply to
Jim

Fair enough.

Point taken.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

One more reason I've given up on them........ I go back when they enter the

21st century...
Reply to
Russell Brill

On how many Honeywell, DSC or GE Security panels have you been able to update the firmware over the years? This is something they offered because Congress decided to change Daylight Savings Time. Most of the other makes which even have a clock / calendar (many don't have it at all) cannot be fixed without replacing the control panel in its entirety.

Napco is way ahead of the pack on this.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
secure15

That's right. Most others can't either. At least Napco was decent enough to provide an easy fix. Considering the problem wasn't of their making I feel they've done very well by us.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Given up on "who", Russ? Napco or just the mfg's in general?

If Napco, ........... although I'm certainly "partial" because I've used their panels for so long, ......... from what I can see, they realized this might happen a couple of years ago, by making it an option to change the DLST perameters, in their later revisions.

Reply to
Jim

Unlike the GE behemoth who devoured ITI and released Concord V4 which can't be corrected!

Reply to
secure15

1632, 3200 and 9600 have adjustable DLST.
Reply to
Jim

Hell just manually set the clock, GE panels don't even have savings time built in, DSC only recently added it, I wouldn't call it a debacle

Reply to
Mark Leuck

update the firmware over the years? This is something they

the other makes which even have a clock / calendar (many

in its entirety.

No Honeywell is way ahead of the pack, unlike Napco and GE theirs is adjustable

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.