DSC Power 832 and LCD5501Z - Setting Time and Date

Well I have a new DSC Power 832 with a LCD5501Z keypad. First, I hope I made the right choice, but more importantly it is time for me to get accustomed to the keypad.

I have changed the master access code and have learned some other features but I am having trouble setting the time and date.

I know the command is * 6 + Master Code + 1, however, when I perform that the keypad just comes back and beeps at me. Other functions such as * 6 + Master Code + 4 for a system test work, but option 1 to set the time and date does not. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Thanks.

-Russ

Reply to
Surebet
Loading thread data ...

I think I figured it out. I was thrown by the fact that there was no confirmation of what I was entering. I entered the time and date as specified in the manual, then heard the three beeps, exited and it had the correct time set.

Now, >Well I have a new DSC Power 832 with a LCD5501Z keypad. First, I hope

Reply to
Surebet

Amazing thing -- that manual, huh? Of course that same question was also asked and answered no less than 144 hours ago in this very forum.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Right, it's ok when the manual tells you how the input works, but when they leave you to wonder, then that is the problem.

Reply to
Surebet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.