Door access

Hello all,

I have a customer who is looking for an integrated door access (2 doors/2 readers) and security system that they can tie into their comp network and look at entry logs on a regular basis.

I only have real experience with Napco and they dont have a system that will allow me to do this.

Alternatly, is there a access system out there that is inexpensive, simple to learn, and will allow the user to see logs on their PC.

Regards,

Jewellfish

Reply to
jewellfish
Loading thread data ...

I have used DSC Maxsys to do just what you described. js

Reply to
alarman

Ademco Vista 128BP.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yeah, but doesn't Maxsys use some funky logic to control anti-passback (which makes it frustrating for both the customer and the poor service-guy)? ISTR seeing something about that in a thread about a year ago.

Reply to
Frank Olson

\\ With the Passpoint module.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Check with your Napco Rep. They have a new system. Its called: Gem Access. I think it will do exactly what you request.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

I've used Kantech and Keri for these applications. Kantech can tie into DSC and Keri claims to be able to tie into an NX8E (unconfirmed). I prefer Kantech out of the two because Keri's system becomes overly complicated when you want to add it's BioPointe reader. You might as well be working with two seperate systems then....

jewellfish wrote:

Reply to
S. Smith

I don't see it on the website yet.

Some 2-4 access integration with the gemini panels would sure be nice.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

formatting link

Yep.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

For straight up simple card access (or prox readers), you can't beat a system like Maxsys or Ademco. No "integration" required and you can program everything from one source (either a computer on site, or download the sucker).

Reply to
Frank Olson

"download the sucker" ? sounds like a line from a cheesey 70's movie or TV show

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

if you dont implement anti pasback you will have no problem..

anti passback is not on by default.. We use maxsys system on large grocery and use the access card module to supervise the loading dock

"Frank Ols>> I have used DSC Maxsys to do just what you described.

Reply to
Pierre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.