Brinkley's at it again

This is really starting to piss me off...

formatting link
These guys never "inspected" anything on my systems of homes being sold. This is an out and out ploy that they use to get new homeowners with perfectly good working alarm systems to call them so they can rip them out and lease them their crap. I took this label off one of my keypads in a home that had recently changed ownership. The system's been up and working fine for years and inspected by US...not them...prior to being put on the market and then again yesterday when we made contact with the new owner.

I believe they pay the realtors to put these fraudlent stickers on alarm keypads and panels. Fortunately, most new homeowners are smart enough to call US from OUR decals and lawnsigns that are all over the home and grounds. I don't believe they have ever entered this home to do an "inspection". Bullshit.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Assuming the stickers were provided by Brinks, and applied to various non-brinks systems (such as the one installed by your company) by realtors, it would appear to me to be an unfair (and therefore illegal) business practice on the part of Brinks.

Crash Gord> This is really starting to piss me off...

formatting link

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

If the realtor is acting as an agent for Brinks Home Security, simply contact your state's contractors licensing board and see if the Realtor has a license to also do alarm sales. If not, report it as unlicensed activity on the part of the realtor.

Brinks may be violating state law by hiring realtors not license or properly registered as a alarm sales agents. It's one thing to place a door hanger on the outside of the house. But by placing a Brinks label on any equipment that may or maynot be leased, is in direct violation of your protective service agreement. The realtor nor Brinks has any idea if the installed equipment is leased of not. You may have grounds for tortuous interference if the customer did not completely fulfill the terms of your contract.

In Florida, even a licensed electrical contractor must also carry an statewide EF or EG alarm license in order to do any work to any burglar or fire alarm system. All alarm companies must have employees, salespeople, or agents that are required to be registered, background checked, fingerprinted, and a 60 hour training class under their belt before they can do any door to door sales.

Jim Rojas

Nick Lawrence wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
Jim Rojas

formatting link

I agree with Jim. You should pursue a "licensing complaint". I'd also look into the rules about "inspection services". If the alarm system to which this label was affixed has smoke detectors, you're opening a big can of worms by putting an "inspected by" sticker on the keypad or can.

Reply to
Frank Olson

In this city you need a burg alarm biz lic. and sales people and techs also need alarm agent licenses...which I seriously doubt that a realtor has. Problem is I can't prove that the realtors are putting them there...although I know it's gotta be them - after all why would Brinks send a tech out for free to "inspect" systems they know nothing about?!...and would rip out anyway if they got their foot in the door!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It doesn't matter who put the sticker there. If it's a Brinks sticker, then the individual that INSPECTED the system has to be licensed (and they have to have a record of the inspection), n'est pas?

Reply to
Frank Olson

I suggest retaliation by doing an inspection of their systems and putting your stickers on their keypads, we could have a sticker war!

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

They'll probably sue if he does that... Brinks can get away with those tactics because the little guy can't afford to litigate like they can.......

formatting link
>

Reply to
Russell Brill

because Brinks does it all the time.... they DO have an inspection department. the house inspector calls brinks, and has them come out, do an inspection on the system that is there...and if it's powered up, they check all openings and components to see what's working. if it's not powered up, they DO NOT power it up, but instead, leave a work order detailing what is in the house, and what MAY be working. and yes, they do it for free, banking on the new buyer to go with brinks. they are not really there to "inspect" the current system, but to see what it may take to get a brinks system up and running in that particular house.

"...although

Reply to
BDEBJ

yah yah...got it now.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yah but I did the pre-sale inspection !!!! - someone put that sticker on AFTER I was there!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I thought of that...but hmmm well I just wouldn't do that. Thought of driving around with a bunch of my signs and replacing all their's...and when asked...just tell the people we bought them out :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

This btw is nothing unique to Brinks, there are sevral local companies in the DFW area that do it

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Easy solution, put stickers with Rojas's name and phone number on em

(now running away...)

formatting link
>>

Reply to
Mark Leuck

maybe the buyer wanted to "shop around" and wanted another estimate. anytime brinks goes into a house, they WILL try to sell their alarm to the buyer....it's what they do, just as you...try to make a sale.

Reply to
BDEBJ

Go get 'em, Tiger!

Reply to
Frank Olson

formatting link

Y'know... Around here whenever a store or retail mall opens, ADT and Protectron "plaster" their contact stickers all over the place. *They* are engaged in something far more legitimate than a "fake" inspection of existing equipment. For a supposed "industry leader", Brinks is sure a shady outfit.

Reply to
Frank Olson

just because you "believe" does not make it so....you have no idea what they do. all of you guys come to all of these conclusions based on what you "wish".

">

Reply to
BDEBJ

I "wish" Brinks would shoot themselves in their corporate foot a few more times. Their present tactics makes it really easy to sell against them. I enjoy a challenge.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Uh...no not really. I don't go into homes with an existing alarm system and alarm signs and decals on it already and slap my decals on their keypads. Nope I don't. If someone calls me to inspect their alarm and it's working fine and I can take it over...yep I do do that...but I don't try to sell them an alarm if they don't need it - and I ESPECIALLY don't sell them a proprietary alarm ever never.

Nope it's NOT the same.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.