A tough one to break into!

Found this one on the web today;

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
I'm just amazed the house address isn't also showing somewhere in that picture ;)

Reply to
Matt Ion

today;

formatting link

I wonder what floor its on.

Reply to
allucan8

formatting link

That one (unfortunately) has "ADT Dealer" written all over it.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I guess they're proud of the job they did.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link
wow.....just, wow. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Truly a professional grade job! Amazing job hiding those wiring shots! I hope I get to be that good some day.

formatting link

Reply to
Roland Moore

today;

formatting link

Now I remember. I saw this bass assisted DIY install on "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" T.V. show. It was the "Curious George" residence.

RW

Reply to
allucan8

I notice the same thing "ADT" sticker right there on the front. (Like they were proud of the installation) RTS

formatting link
| >

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

Hey that looks like one of my installs although they must have cleaned it all up a bit

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

formatting link

Hmmm.... I'll have to save that picture to use a training guide for installers for that day when I throw in the towel and quit doing all my installs custom.

I get so tired of people asking for a good comprehensive alarm, watching me while I price out each level of equipment and then angrily shout at me that the door knocker guy promised them an alarm system for free that included everything I quoted and more for less per month. I know its a lie. They know its a lie, but I just won't fight that battle anymore. I just walk out knowing I have wasted my time again, and vowing to never visit that house again.

About a year ago I started a list of names and addresses in an independent database of people like this. Any call that makes me uncomfortable now the first thing I do is check my dead beat database.

Maybe I should sell that list to one of the hack and slash companies. LOL. They are after all "qualified" leads. (NOT)

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Speaking of stuff....

Recently I was doing a service call in a neighborhood where I have installed a bunch of custom systems. I noticed across the street a sign in the front yard of a lady I told to get somebody else. She never paid her bill unless she wanted something. She was too lazy to learn to use her alarm, she tripped it all the time, even with remotes she couldn't seem to disarm before the huge entry delay on her garage doors.

I was kinda glad to see the ADT sign in her yard. They deserve each other. I was actually disappointed to see the installer was too lazy to remove my decals from the windows.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I just pretend to be really amazed, and ask to see their proposal. They never seem to have that available. js

Reply to
alarman

formatting link

thinking about it, i gotta cry foul. this is obviously an attempt at discrediting ADT. i dont believe anyone would be _that_ stupid.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Heh, new to the biz, kid?

Reply to
alarman

You took the words right out of my mouth

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ew. Should I get a flu shot then?

Reply to
alarman

That doesn't work against Rabies

Reply to
Mark Leuck

i know many ADT techs and they all take pride in their work. while my limited sampling cannot represent them all, i know the company requires better than what the picture shows. i really think the pic has to be a spoof.

...id sure like to think so anyway.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Although I didn't take the pic I doubt it's a spoof...I've seen many many many ADT installs this bad or worse.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.