Paradise!

After 3 perfect days in Rio we flew to Salvador for some R&R. The weather has been perfect -- it rained in Rio the day we left but we haven't seen any rain at all in Salvador. The temperature has been in the low eighties mostly with a calm sea breeze every day.

We brought a family friend with us this time and she can't believe the marvelous food here, not to mention how incredibly friendly the Brazilians are. Today we're taking everyone -- even our housekeeper

-- to a beach resort about 35 km north of Salvador. It's one of the most picturesque beaches in the area. I'll post links to pictures when we get back to the states.

Speaking of the US, we'll be home a week and then I'm off to the Amazon for some amazing fishing. Sorry Bob L couldn't make it. Friends who've just returned from the same area told me they were landing trophy peacocks by the dozens. I'm not sure but I think there's a new IGFA record.

OB: ASA -- The new additions to our alarm store,

formatting link
are doing well. Even with me out of the office sales have been excellent. We're about to add a new distributor with a major line card. Once they make the product feed ready our online store will grow from its current 107,000 products to over 200,000 security, fire, access control, whole house audio / video and CCTV systems. At its current stage our website is one of the largest online security ands custom home electronics stores in existence. Once the next phase is done it will be one of the largest online stores of any type.

We've hired another person to help with product maintenance. Soon we'll add a third person in customer support (there are two at present). I'm still doing tech support and some sales. Next year two friends who are retiring from lengthy careers in security and CCTV work will join our team. Once they're up and running I plan to "semi- retire," spending more time developing our other business and traveling.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

drop dead and hit your head on the way down.

Reply to
the hoople

If you're trying to quote Robert, you should get it right. It's "drop dead, and on the way down, hit your head".

Reply to
Frank Olson

I knew it was something like that, thanks. ;)

Reply to
the hoople

No problem. I'm really impressed with

formatting link
Why would anyone want to shop BassBungledAlarms when you've got a choice like this? Granted, they don't have the "extensive" selection Bass has, but then I'm sure their customers can at least reach them via their toll free number and they don't have to worry about ordering product that's no longer supported (or in production) by the manufacturer.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Frank Olson" lied:

Sure, you are.

True. They seem to have about 100 or perhaps 150 products. We have about 105,000 products. I assume they're nice folks though I've never met them.

I was curious about that so I called. They have a nice answering machine. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert L Bass scribbled frantically:

I assume they keep the catalogue of products they sell small so they can offer better service. In fact, most reputable Dealers do that for the very same reason. After all, you can't be an "expert" on every panel. Heck... when it comes down to it, you're not even an "expert" on Napco. "Attention Burglar! Go Ahead Make My Day!".

Oh?? Two things. First, it's their "dime" (i.e. a toll-free number). and second, at least the phone gets ANSWERED. A few people have posted here trying to contact YOU. They complain all they get are "busy signals" and when they do finally get YOUR answering machine, they can't leave a message because the "mailbox is full". Emailing you is equally useless, unless of course it's from someone that happens to be on your "don't contact me ever" list.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:3jtYi.188839$th2.102048@pd7urf3no...

You assume wrong. They order from the same distributors as everyone else. When an order comes in it's drop shipped. They have a smaller website because they don't spend the time building it up. No problem. That's their choice. I like having a search engine target the size of Texas insted of a pie plate.

You wouldn't understand reputable if a dealer (it's not a capitalized word) ran over your foot. Then again, with one in your mouth and the other up your own butt all the time that's not likely to happen.

I don't have to be. The vast majority are so similar that most questions can be answered without even referencing the manuals (of which my collection is second only to Jim Rojas'). When a client needs an answer I don't already know I look it up, the same as the doctor does when trying to figure out what's going on in that head of yours.

I guess Napco disagrees with you. They twice ran stories on my installations in their dealer newsletter.

I had toll free numbers for several years. What I found was that lots of folks would call to chat about various systems. They'd sometimes spend as much as an hour on the phone. I decided to experiment with it. I tracked the average call time and the average purchase per call for a couple of months with and then without toll free numbers. What I discovered was that the "800" numbers brought in added sales but not enough added profits to justify the cost. Also, when people are paying for the call themselves it acts as a filter to el;iminate many of the casual callers who aren't really buying.

The answering machine is a dead giveaway that the "company" is a sideline business of a small installer with no one in the office during the day.

I remember. Several such posts were from one of your idiot pals -- not a customer.

Wrong again. I don't have an answering machine.

Answering machines are also not "mailboxes." The posts were nonsense.

I've already warned you to stop sending me email. I'm not interested in your BS.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Their prices are better than yours which tells me they're probably buying product at a whole different level from you. And wasn't it you who once wrote that you sold more equipment in a single day than most dealers do in a month (and then provided the wonderful testimonial to "Search-Fit" that stated your store was barely getting by and you weren't even drawing a salary during that same period)? What a maroon!

Their prices are better than yours. And they're not selling product that's no longer available.

They have a "smaller website" because they've decided to concentrate on the customer and on service. They're also BBB members. You couldn't become one if you offered to pay triple the annual fee.

For them, no. For you, yes. Their "ranking" is a tad higher than yours at the moment.

Your search engine ranking is dropping faster than the gas gauge on my Aviator.

And "aileron" isn't spelled "aeleron"... anywhere. You, of course, will argue differently.

I figure you're probably more familiar with that sensation than I will ever be.

Of course not.

Uh-huh... I'm sure it is...

I figure my doctor's probably the one that reads the "Dick and Jane" books in his waiting room. Even the kids that come there read "Time" and "Newsweek".

Yes, of course!! The famous Newsletters with more installation fairy tales from the mind of the great alarm guru "Bassnick"... Someone once said: "Don't believe everything you read". I figure that should be: "Don't believe anything Bass writes, says, sells, or promotes."

Translation: You can't afford a toll free line. You can't afford the Nextel phone. You can't afford a good email server. "Dad" had to give you his house (which you promptly mortgaged). Is it true what they say about the price of real estate in Florida?? You paid a buck for your place. That must mean it's now worth fifty cents.

As opposed to a "sideline business" of a big blowhard installer wannabee with no one at home during the day...

Uh-huh... Right... And the guy that filed a complaint at the BBB about the battery *your* "drop shipper" sent him in error?? Was that one of "my" idiot pals too??

Heh... You're such a liar, Bass.

I don't doubt it at all. After all, you're the most honest, trustworthy and upright individual it's ever been my pleasure to meet.

Check. Thank Gates for spam filters.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I checked on that. As usual, you're wrong. The price differences appear to be random. On the NX8 they beat me by a whopping $0.75. On the AX200PLUS I beat them by about $50. On the Winland 1040 their price is nearly twice mine. On the WB200 they charge about 25% more than I do. However, on the HA-1 they beat me by about 15%.

I'm sure they are but not the way you imagine.

Yes, and I still do.

weren't even drawing a salary during that same period)?

Like almost* everyone else, we've had periods where sales were good and times when they've been bad.

*I said "almost" because you don't sell or install anything at all, other than your usual line of bullshit.

For such a moron I should think you'd at least learn to spell it.

On most items my prices are actually better and by a significantly greater amount. There are several discontinued items listed on their site but I'll let you try to figure out which ones they are.

Since you're not affiliated with them, you have no way of knowing what they do or why.

Google, Yahoo and other major search engines seem to think otherwise and they're far more important than you.

More Olson bullshit.

Clearly you don't.

ISTR someone actually posted the Napco articles or a link to them here a few years back. But then, facts never got in your way.

You think not? One of your friends did a GoogleEarth of my US home a while back.

Heh, heh, heh. The one in my pocket, you mean?

I don't own an email server. My web hosting service provides it.

You're guessing wrong, as usual, but keep trying. I'll give you a hint. Sarasota's property tax records are available online.

I wish that were so. Perhaps I could get my real estate taxes lowered.

Oh, so you're finally opening an online store? I notice you didn't actually respond to the *fact* that it's an answering machine instead of a live customer service person. That's standard olsonic technique. When confronted with facts that don't support your bullshit, quickly switch to attacking or change the subject.

Nope. The distributor did in fact send him the wrong part. I called and they then sent the right part. Frank happens.

See comment above regarding olsonic technique.

We've never met. Your face is not yet concave.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert L Bass spewed:

Heh... And while you were "checking prices", you were frantically typing in the changes to make your story "jive". What a maroon.

Heh... Right... The prices I checked were all significantly lower. I'll leave you to figure out where.

Sure, Bass... Sure... Your website's a "kludge". There are whole sections of it where you offer nothing in the way of "detail" other than the same part number. How you imagine a DIYer's going to navigate through all that is beyond me. You sell products which require a dealer account at a monitoring centre for "Petem's" sake... Unless, of course, there's something you're not telling the Florida DBPR.

Your "bad times" stretched from 1996 to 2003, though. Barely surviving, yet all the while boasting your your "success" in the Newsgroup. Now you expect someone to believe that one company can turn around a chicken shit outfit like yours... In your dreams, pal.

Uh-huh... Prove it.

You're obviously not a "Bugs Bunny" fan. You're an "ultra-maroon", Bass.

There are more than "several" discontinued items on your site(s). I'll leave you to figure them out though. Pity, really...

I know Andy well enough to know where his heart is. You, OTOH, decided to ruffle a few feathers a couple of years back, didn't you?? You're the scum-sucking Basshole that posted bogus complaints on a competitor's website posing as a former regular in the Newsgroup. How's it feel to be a scum-sucking asshole? On second thought, I'd just as soon not know.

Yeah, well... You're a "three", Bass... That's a big comedown from where you were before. Have you finally figured out that "search engine positioning" isn't as important as good customer service?? Nah-hhh, you're still of the opinion that your "rank" should be as big as your ego to make up for that little "dingle".

Nope. The news is too depressing. I like my Wonder Woman comics.

You've misunderstood what I've said. I didn't doubt they were published. I'm sure you "extolled" the virtues of the equipment as well as embellished your own participation and contribution (as you usually do here).

Which your dad "gave" you for a dollar.

Not that pocket... The other one.

You can't afford a good web hosting service, then.

I've seen them. Saw the transfer documents. One dollar was all it took (about ninety cents Canadian).

Clearly you're living with inflated expectations.

Nope. I just don't have the time.

I noticed you responded in your usual inimitable fashion.

Bassism.

Another Bassism.

No actually, that never happened, Bass. He got a credit through his card company. He tried for weeks to get it straightened out with you but couldn't. He finally filed a complaint with his card issuer and the BBB. You're a moron, Bass.

All the time.

Another Bassism.

Heh. I'd like to see you try.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:DONYi.191350$1y4.185701@pd7urf2no...

Wrong again. Every page has "last updated" information on it. If you knew how to read the information you'd know that. Of course, that wouldn't stop you making more bogus claims.

I checked. You're wrong.

It depends on the vendors. Some provide detailed descriptions, images, etc. Some provide only a list of products, brief descriptions and prices.

That comes as no surprise. Almost everything is beyond you.

Wrong again.

No one "navigates" through the lengthy lists. They go directly to the desired products by way of Google or my search bot. Pity you know so little abouot web sites. That is more than apparent looking at the mess you made of your own site.

Wrong again. One of the other posters here once mentioned he'd heard from his ADI rep that we were their largest customer in the region. You remember ADI, right? They're one of several of our distributors you went real world with, attempting to interfere with my business. My rep called and asked who the moron from Canada was.

Asked and answered numerous times before.

Nope. I always preferred Road Runner.

With over 100,000 products online that's a given. It's almost a full-time job just keeping prices current. We receive spreadsheets with changes to anywhere from 1 to 50 manufacturers every few weeks. I haven't figured out how we're going to keep it up to date as we pass the 200,000 product level a few months from now. What I have found is that the more products we list with the search engines the more clients place orders.

It's in his chest, idiot. He's in business trying to sell product like anyone else (except you, of course) and you've never done business with him so you have no way of knowing anything about him -- good or bad.

Same as almost every other online alarm store. Manufacturers like Honeywell are mostly rated 4 or 5.

If you'd read Google's page rank information you would know that they changed their ranking algorythm a few months ago, brining all but the largest businesses on the web down between 1 and 3 points. Compared to competitors we've stayed pretty much the same. The difference is we have so many more products and we've been established so long that we get far more traffic than most others. We also keep links to our sites (there's more than one) active in numerous newsgroups, forums and related sites with hundreds of new entries every week.

I figured out long ago how to market online. I've been in business all of my adult life, even built and ran a 13-person company while I was in college. For the number of clients / orders we handle in an average month our customer service calls are about average. You constantly rag on us because I've caught you lying numerous times, but it doesn't work. My business continues to grow. You and your pals repeatedly gone real world, harassing my distributors and manufacturers, filing bogus complaints (summarily dismissed) with the state licensing agency and even filing false comp[laints with the online BBB. Meanwhile I keep on selling more and more systems.

Feel free to keep flogging, idiot. You'll never win.

You've never seen my dingle. My page rank is ok. As far as ego is concerned, I guess I'm a little proud. I've built a successful business from scratch and weathered soe tough economic times while many others have dropped out. I've eeven figured out how to turn your drivel into a marketing edge. I'll let you try to figure out how that works.

Too bad you make such a mess on the pages.

Wrong once more. Napco wrote the articles. I simply explained the functionality of the systems and how I used their hardware to accomplish it. I've explained it here in CHA. There's nothing spectaular -- just intelligent (that leaves you out) use of existing technology.

I keep telling that to the guys at SearchFit but they still insist I pay them. The fee is a measly $3,500 a month, including server lease, bandwidth/throughput, etc. We also pay around $5,000 a year for custom programming. If I could find a cheaper place that would do as good a job I'd consider switching but, so far, none has come close. SF is one of the best in the industry.

Now you're outright lying, but that's nothing new.

Naah, just inflated taxes.

Perhaps if you spent less time in airport restrooms...

Another dodge.

That's why you hide your address. You're a coward.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That should have read "here and in CHA."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

so u lied in 2 places. big deal

Reply to
the hoople

I must have missed that one. Is that the same guy that says he's flown a 737 and doesn't know where the reverser over-ride switches are located?

Funny. When I talked to "your rep", I didn't even tell him who I was (let alone where I was calling from). I asked one question: "What do you need to purchase product from your company?" He responded with: "A Florida Alarm License." I said: "Thank you." and hung up.

Nope. You've never been able to adequately "answer" this question (or any other). You keep singing the same song Bass. No one believes you.

Uh-huh...

Check. For someone that's running an "online business" you haven't updated some pages for over a year...

ROFL!!

As opposed to yours, which is in your ass.

Yet *you* went so far as to file a bogus complaint on his website... Tsk!!!

I'm not interested either.

Yes, I'm sure you have. And the complaints at the BBB keep rising as a result. You're a slick one Bass.

I'm not interested either.

Check. My point exactly. More "installation fairy tales.

Ad nauseum.

Which means they're overcharging for their service. The "Enterprise" kit is $399.00 a month. From what you're paying that's a 1000% markup...

Let's see... the last message you posted in the forum was September

2007. The one before that was some time in 2006... And from that I can discern (which apparently you can't) that they're overcharging for the "custom programming" too.

Uh-huh... I'm sure.

I don't doubt you haven't bothered looking.

I could post the transfer documents, but that would be illegal. People can see them for themselves.

What's next?? More vague remarks about me and Jake Ashbury's grand-daughter? You're sick, Bass.

I've learned from the best.

Heh. Anytime you want me to wipe the floor with that carbuncle on your face you call a "nose", I'm up for it. Let's meet somewhere a little more "neutral", though. There's a dojo just down the road from where my "counter" is and another one close to my house.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Now them's fightin' words, Bassy. Seeing as how these are available on a public server, I figure I'd post the direct links. How much did I say you "paid" your dad for the deed to your house again??? And who's lying here again???

formatting link
Tsk! The clerk forgot to "x" out Bass' social insurance number.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Too bad the "goofy webmaster's" not around anymore. That site could use some serious updating.

Reply to
Frank Olson

This is PRICELESS!

Oh how successful he is! Paid a whole Dollar for his house. Heh heh heh heh!

And then ..... AND THEN he was able to get a Whole $100,000.00 mortgage.... ooowweeee golly gee whiz! He must be really swiming in all that loot he makes from his smackededooda website. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! What a f***in looser! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Aint the Internet amazing?

Thanks for that Frank ......

Reply to
Jim

When I think of all the poor children who now can't get health insurance because someone here used a legal loophole to avoid paying his fair share of taxes it makes me sad

Not really but it sounded good

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So......then Robert L. Bass social security number is 144-44-1945?

Reply to
alarman

It looks like that is the case

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.