ADT Galaxy keypad

I have an ADT Galaxy keypad that I am going to fit on a system install for a friend. Its the same one as in this picture on

formatting link
Item number

Its the one that you can press * and 2, * and 5, * and 8 to summon assistance from the Police Fire etc. I have tried hooking it up to my system, and can't for the life of me figure out how to configure this function. I'm assuming it triggers an output, and you could use the links section to signal any other indicators. Anyone got any advice for getting these going?

Regards

SantaUK

Reply to
SantaUK
Loading thread data ...

If it is like the USA versions, you must program the corresponding zones. Zone 95, 96 and 99.

Jim Rojas

SantaUK wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I assume you may mean the outputs belonging to the individual keypad.... mmmm, makes sense, think I'll dig into the manual on that one.

Reply to
SantaUK

You didn't bother digging into the manual the first time?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hehehe, no its not that. I think that the ADT panel has special software to enable this function, and I don't have an ADT version of the manual, only the original manufacturer version. Unfortunately the keypad only has output number *99 - so no joy on that score. And I can't seem to see anything where you can press * and a number, either together or separately, in the manual.

Reply to
SantaUK

*99 will exit programming. In most Ademco panels, pressing * and # within sixty seconds of power up will get you into programming. If "lockout" has been enabled, this won't work though.
Reply to
Frank Olson

It sounds like its similar to Ademco (at least the zone numbers line up).

The 95, 96 and 99 aren't programmed at the keypad, they are turned on in zone programming. Once they are on the panel should recognize the commands input at the keypad.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Reply to
Matthew Brough

Do you have it on PDF format? If you could email me it I would really appreciate it. I have a 504 ADT board, and would be installing this for my friend.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk

Reply to
SantaUK

huh? if you can get into programming how do you mean it's restricted? you need a special keypad to program the zones...that's about it i believe.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Guys, just because it says ADT doesn't mean it's made by Honeywell, or that it programs like a Vista panel. Galaxy is a UK product that is completely different. For example, 504 zones, 32 areas, and 256 outputs.

His best bet is to try the UK newsgroup.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

ah otay thanks for that

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you have a 504 it won't work. It was only ever intended to work on the ADT software for the Galaxy 8+ & 16+ in the UK. In all honesty the 8+ was just a 16+ board with the ability to add a rio removed especially for ADTs smaller installs. They keypads with the coloured buttons had a separate part number to the normal MK7 keypad, but the only difference is the colouring of the buttons. The PCB is exactly the same so if you had a normal MK7 keypad on a 16+ with ADT software, if you pressed *2,5 or 8 it would have the desired effect.

Reply to
Matthew Brough

Ah, makes sense - more based towards the residential side of things. Cheers for that.

Reply to
SantaUK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.