6270 Keypad Problems

I recently installed a Vista 20P and everything was working fine until one of my two 6270 keypads went on the blink. I have another 6270 that is working fine and I have a 6160V that is also working fine. So my panel and connections are all in good working order.

The 6270 that is giving me a problem is going through its startup sequence and then gives the following message:

Software Version 1.0.10a Jan 12, 2005

Starting Keypad Profile Control Thread. RESET

It just freezes with the backlight on and the above message. I disconnected it from the panel and since these keypads will operate independently of the panel I applied 12v to the kepad with the same result. It never makes it to a point where it is even talking to the alarm system. I repeatedly tried connecting it to the panel and after several attempts I realized I was not going to get a different result.

My question is, is there a reset that I can use to put the keypad back into an unprogrammed (factory default) state? My fear is that the program in flash is somehow corrupted and I'm in perpetual restart. My second question is, is there a way to get a binary flash image of the software for the keypad and a download program along with schematics or pinout for a comm cable that I can reflash the memory in the keypad?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

aj

Reply to
Allan
Loading thread data ...

Ademco (Honeywell) had a bad run of them. Return it for a replacement. If your dealer won't help contact me and I will.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

All the way from Brazil??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks for your help Robert. I'll drop you an email.

Reply to
Allan

No way to get a flash image, my guess is its either a bad keypad or you've gone over the power requirements on the V20P

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I have gone over the Aux power limit, but I did the math prior to installation and put in an additional power suppy (with common ground) for the 6270s. The 6160V is still powered through Aux Pwr, but it puts me safely in the power budget.

aj

Reply to
Allan

I try to avoid ever aux powering keypads, I try to power the keypads and any other data devices on the main power and run everything else I can on the aux aux power supply.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com had written this in response to

formatting link
: I just experienced this issue on my 6270 and I have the same software version of Software Version 1.0.10a Jan 12, 2005 and I am wondering did the retailer sell me an old know bad unit? What software versions for the

6270 have been available after the Jan 12, 2005 version? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really can't justify the price of a new 6270 but if I can figure out if I was sold an old unit (As they did sell me an old version of the Vista 20P board) then maybe I have some recourse with the retailer. Again, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers! Matt

------------------------------------- Allan wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 45055 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
corvette.1957_at_gmail_dot_com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.