Keypad says "check"- can't figure out what's wrong

I have an Ademco keypad from an ADT installed security system. I long ago dumped ADT. Anyway, it says "13 Check" on the display. The keypad is wired, but the rest of the system is wireless.

I have only 3 door sensors and 2 motion sensors. All 3 doors beep when I open them. The 2 motion detectors red light goes on when I approach. I am not sure what could be causing the "13 - Check". The alarm seems to function just fine otherwise. Any ideas?

Although I added 2 wireless keyfobs to the system myself, but I am otherwise fairly ignorant as to what system I have an details of the setup.

Reply to
Mike C
Loading thread data ...

It's telling you that zone 13 is in trouble. How old are the batteries in the transmitters?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Batteries are old- probably 5 yrs. I replaced the batteries on one motion detector thinking that was it.

So, check can mean low battery? Since I don't know which zone is which sensor, I guess I can just replace the batteries on all of them since they are old.

Reply to
Mike C

Yup.. And 5 years is too long! Time to change the batts. You can easily see what zone is 13 by opening the doors 1 at a time and see when 13 is faulted. But don't just change out that battery - do them all (including the motion).

Reply to
G. Morgan

Check usually means you don't have the cover on the right way.

To clear the check, press your code + off twice.

It seems to me you aren't sure what zone 13 really is. I would take a moment and make a list of each zone. Pop the cover off each sensor one at a time to confirm your zone list.

Jim Rojas

Mike C wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

My BMW Check light comes on when it's time to make a payment.

Reply to
Sue

Ar ar ar. Engineer humor. :-)

Reply to
alarman

also...wireless zones begin at zone 9 and go up from there...you should be able to figure out which one it is.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

that doesn't always clear Checks or Tampers for me though...sometimes gotta go into prgramming then back out.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks- that made it easy. I should have known to do that.....

Reply to
Mike C

who with a right mind would drive a BMW

"alarman" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussi>> My BMW Check light comes on when it's time to make a payment.

Reply to
Petem

That's not entirely correct. On most of the new "Vista" products you can configure any zone as "RF".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Its actually a left mind kind of thing.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

:-)

Reply to
alarman

At least I don't brive a dus!!! :-)

Reply to
Sue

Really? You can configure a wireless point to a hardwired zone #?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'd like to see that and I'm sure so would Honeywell's engineers

Reply to
Mark Leuck

This is why you should have had an AT&T 8000 installed, they don't show check in the event of sensor problems in fact they don't show much of anything

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It only works if you're flying a plane upside down at tthe same time.

Reply to
alarman

Do tell! You have a trick we don't know about? I don't believe I've seen that just yet. For Vista 20P SIA zones 1-8 I think the choices are: EOLR N.C. N.O. Zone Doubled DBL Balanced To make it a wireless zone on zone 8 or below would mean a separate receiver hardwired to zones 1 thru 8. For zone 9 and above: RF (supervised) Aux Wire UR Unsupervised RF BR Button Type RF On a GE Networx panel you can do zones 1-8 wireless (or hardwired).

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.