24-hr Chime Zone in Gemini?

If I set a zone to Chime in the Gemini 3200, I have to "turn on" chiming at the keypad (Function, etc...). My wife will never remember to do that... and that function turns off when the panel is disarmed. Is there a way to ALWAYS have a zone chime, or indication some other way without having to do that? Basically, I just want the keypads to alert me when a certain door has opened, no alarm necessary... you know

-- when the kids enter a room they shouldn't be in!

Reply to
Total nerd
Loading thread data ...

Disarming the panel does not turn off the chime mode. Entering program mode will turn it off though.

You can also configure the sensor on the door as a "day zone". This will trigger the keypad piezos if anyone opens that door while the system is disarmed. However, you may find that is more trouble than it's worth.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Its nice for a liquor cabinet though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

LOL

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So you know when the wife tries to grab your 45 year old Courvoisier for the flambe?? :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

That depends on how frequently one needs to access the cabinet during the day... :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Another interesting application is to set chime 2 for ten seconds alert on a back door. When somebody goes out the door the keypad annunciates, but it silences after ten seconds if they are too busy to get over there and hit the reset button. I have used this in businesses werea rear or side fire exit is mandated in an area where they don't want people to exit.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Wait, I disagree here. If I turn on chime, the "C" appears in the display and the zones chime. If I arm the system, then disarm the system (leave, then come home), the "C" disappears and zones do not chime any longer. I must go back into Function mode and turn on chime mode again.

Reply to
Total nerd

Which Napco Gemini model are you using?

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

The one you're not licensed to install or service.

Reply to
no wires showing

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.