NX8V2 - Last Open Zone in Memory?

I have a system that has been very occasionally falsing while not armed (the chime went off, but no zone was open). Had it been armed, the info on the open zone would have been sent to the dispatch center.

Since the system was not armed, by the time I get to the keypad, a NX-148E, there is no mention of what zone was open so I can't identify and troubleshoot the sensor.

Is there a way to display the last open zone from my keypad?

Reply to
Foveator
Loading thread data ...

Nope... History only for genuine events. Opening doesn't qualify. Go ahead and arm the system and find out what is causing the fault. You can notify central station to put you on test for a given amount of time so you don't create a dispatch out of a problem zone.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Allan is right. Another method is to bypass half the zones, leave the system disarmed and see if it continues. If it still chimes, bypass half the rest narrowing it down until you know which zone is falsing. That's more time consuming but doesn't involve the central station.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Is this diy? might have a motion programmed as perimeter chiming with motion or glass break chiming with sound.

Reply to
AlarmCoJoe

Good point. I thought the same but I was under the impression (perhaps erroneous) that the system had been working normally. If so, it's not likely a programming issue.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Could be a glassbreak if a GB and window are on the same zone.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

That's a possibility but again, if the system was previously working normally I suspect it's something else.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

window or door magnet slightly out of alignment, swinging with temp changes would be my first thought.

| > Could be a glassbreak if a GB and | > window are on the same zone. | | That's a possibility but again, if the | system was previously working normally | I suspect it's something else. | | -- | | Regards, | Robert L Bass | | =============================>

| Bass Home Electronics | 941-925-8650 | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 |

formatting link
| =============================>

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That or a broken wire that's just barely touching. I had that happen in my own church many years ago. It was a royal pain trying to find it since it only happened at night when the temperature would go down. They'd go in, turn the heat up and wait for me to come check it out. By the time I'd get there it was OK again. Arrrggghh!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Unrelated, but related. ;-)

We had a client's computer that would have network problems during the later portion of the day. Never in the morning.

Metal stud. Hole in the top of the stud where the CAT-5 cable was dropped. Installer hadn't used a bushing on the hole. Eventually, the edge cut through the cable. Surmised that during the day, the area heated up and shorted.

Eric

Reply to
E. Hill

Does the OP have french doors? I have seen where the magnet and sensor are just off enough to cause falses when the wind blew too hard. That was fun to find, they would leave the top latch pin loose and the doors would move onough to open the zone.

Reply to
Tommy

This was professionally installed and has been functioning properly. There are no motions in the system. There are 2 waterbugs, one glass break and one wireless entry zone. Everything else is hard wired.

Reply to
Foveator

my own church many years ago. It was a royal pain trying

down. They'd go in, turn the heat up and wait for me to

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

It has been unusually cold and windy here in CT. There are very few shared zones on the panel. The glass break is a dedicated zone.

Reply to
Foveator

Arm the system and wait for it to trip.

(notify your CS 1st)

Reply to
Bob La Londe

What make and model glass break? Also, just for curiosity, where in CT?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Check the waterbugs. Sometimes the sensors pick up debris that is "semi" conductive or build up a semi conductive "path" between the sensors due to residue that has accumulated over couple of years.

Reply to
Jim

That's a valid point about Waterbugs but I'd be surprised if the zone would have been programmed for chime and not programmed as 24-hour alarm. I suspect something else is wrong unless someone did some really strange programming.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

The glass break is a small round until mounted flush to the wall with

1 or 2 LEDs on the front that flash when it goes off. (I'm not home right now.) The entire system was installed 6 months ago after a lightning strike took out the old system. The glass break and waterbugs are new. Located in East Hampton.
Reply to
Foveator

...and that would surprise you?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

OK, if that's what I think it is it's a very good glass break.

Is this not under warranty from the installing firm? If so, they really should be contacted. If not, that's an awfully short warranty.

Have you tried bypassing zones with the system disarmed to narrow it down to a specific zone? If not, please do so. That will enable us to be more helpful.

Most sensors carry at least a one-year warranty from the manufacturer. The alarm company may charge you for their labor or they might waive it, depending on the terms of your contract. Have you spoken with them at all yet?

I lived in West Hartford for many years. We did a few jobs in your area in the early days.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.