Voice Chime

I have the ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN with talking keypad. When the Voice Chime is activated, it says "Fault Front Door". Is there a way to program it so that it does not say the word "Fault" before each zone? I don't have the installer code.

Reply to
Henry White
Loading thread data ...

no.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Nope

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I concour No it is automatic in panel

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

It can be done but you'd have to jerry rig it. The keypads have a "ready" LED which goes out when the door opens. A programmable timer can be wired to interrupt the speaker just long enough to block the word, "fault" whenever the LED goes out.

There are several issues with this ap[proach, however. First, it would void your warranty (which may or may not be worthless anyway, depending on who the "authorized dealer" that installed it is). Second, you'll have to locate a timer with a precise, but easily adjustable setting. Also, if there are multiple keypads you'll have to do the same thing to each one.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Am I ever glad you posted this pile of worthless advice. I was starting to believe that you feared engaging duck in a "ridiculous newsgroup advice" battle but this sends a message to all that you still have your A game and that the duck will soon be stuffed. Go Fish!

On a more serious note, Pinky............. Do you sit up all night thinking of moronic things to post or does it just come natural to you? You'd make more sense if you typed with oven mitts on your hands.

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

Translation: You haven't any idea what I was talking about. Then again, being completely devoid of technical knowledge or skill, you aren't expected to understand.

Do you believe that SD is someone other than "Belgian Paul?" Hmm. Scratch that. Belief would entail thought and that's outside your skill set.

Reply to
robertlbass

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

You see, there is something upon which we can agree.

Still think ring is positive, do you? I guess the color got you confused.

Are you sure? He might be from Upstate NY... or Belgium.

Nope, nor of you. Do you fear people who post silly threats on USENET?

Perhaps he can. Perhaps not. It's unlikely that you'll ever know.

Hmm. Seems you're more confused than I thought you were.

Reply to
robertlbass

No Duck is UFOBOSS

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No chance of that. He's too articulate (although that isn't saying much).

Reply to
robertlbass

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.