Programming fbii xl2t chime

Can I program my fbii xl2t to chime when the exterior doors are opened in the off mode? If so can someone give the key code? Thanks

Reply to
Rex
Loading thread data ...

the off mode? If so can someone give the key code? Thanks --

I haven't installed an FBII unit in a long time and I know what an XL2 is b ut I don't know what the additional " t " signifies. However, in the XL2 un its, when programing the panel during installation, you must choose a "zone type". One of the types include having the zone chime when the system is d isarmed and when you open the zone. As far as I can remember there was neve r an option at the keypad to turn the chime function on and off.

Reply to
Jim

If zones are programmed for chime then chime can be turned on and off at the keypad using # 6 with the 2S 2G & 2T models. I do not remember if that ability was present in an original 2 or 4600.

Zones can only be programmed for chime in dealer programming.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

also xl-2P, xl-31 and xl-4

# and 6 chime on or off...

If zones are programmed for chime then chime can be turned on and off at the keypad using # 6 with the 2S 2G & 2T models. I do not remember if that ability was present in an original 2 or 4600.

Zones can only be programmed for chime in dealer programming.

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

On Friday, August 2, 2013 5:56:18 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote: If zones are programmed for chime then chime can be turned on and off at the keypad using # 6 with the 2S 2G & 2T models. I do not remember if that ability was present in an original 2 or 4600. Zones can only be programmed for chime in dealer programming.

I only ever installed the original 4600 and XL2. Those didn't have keypad control of the chime mode.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.