chime with zone announcement

I installed several wireless outdoor PIRs around my yard to let me know when the meter reader, postman, vehicle, etc, come into my yard. The console is a Visonic PowerMax Plus and the PIR zones are set to chime when triggered (I have a separate security alarm that was built with the house). The PIRs work fine, except the chime does not indicate which PIR zone has been triggered. It is my understanding the the PowerMax Plus has only one chime, and will not announce or otherwise indicate which zone has been triggered. Is that correct? Is there a wireless system that will announce the zone, such as announcing "Front Door", "Back Door", and "Garage"?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

Yes, the Ademco family of panels do that if you use a 6160V voice keypad.

Jim Rojas

Christ> I installed several wireless outdoor PIRs around my yard to let me know when

Reply to
Jim Rojas

The cheaper Lynx does it as well. It is a self contained system like the Powermax.

Jim Rojas

Christ> I installed several wireless outdoor PIRs around my yard to let me know when

Reply to
Jim Rojas

How do you get the Lynx to chime for motions though? Or do you just program them as doors?

Reply to
CH®IS

In this case, sure...after all they're outside anyway.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Are the zone announcements of the Lynx pre-recorded, or does the installer record them?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Ademco uses a prerecorded library that will let you know what words the voice keypad can actually speak. I don't know why they still do this. It is easier to make a speech synthesizer to pronounce anything you type into the description. Maybe Ademco will try this approach in future versions.

Jim Rojas

Christ>> The cheaper Lynx does it as well.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

What are the differenes of the Lynxr, Lynxr-1, Lynxr-2, and Lynxr-EN. Is there a feature comparison chart?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Mostly painstaking revisions and standby battery issues & features. The first 3 are no longer made. The EN has mos of the bugs out of it, and is their current model.

Jim Rojas

Christ>> The cheaper Lynx does it as well.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks!

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.