Vista 20p wiring question.

Ive been out of the business for a few years, so Ive forgotten how to do this:

Wire the E/E door, using the 22/4 keypad wire.

Basically, the front door didnt get wired at the rough-in stage. Its impossible to do now, and I dont want wireless. The keypad is right next to the door in question. I seem to recall there is a way to wire them both together on the one 4 conductor wire.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
JOhn
Loading thread data ...

Depending on what system you use, there are makers who have keypads with built in zone expanders (First Alert, Napco, DMP just to name a few, I'm sure there are more). I can't think of a way to use 4 conductors for a 4 wire keypad AND a door contact. I've had to three wire a motion before, but I'm not familiar with a door contact and a keypad on one four couductor. The zone expander keypad would be a better option if it's available to you

Reply to
Michael

If it was a Napco Gemini system you could have wired the door to the built-in 4-zone expander on the RP1-CAe2 keypad.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Get rid of the front door keypad and use the wire for the door contact.

or more expensive;

Remove the front door keypad. Install a 4219 zone expander in the wall, connect the keypad AND the zone expander's buss wireds together, then run the front door off of one of the expander's zones. Totally dumb that Ademco/Honeywell doesn't make a single zone zone expander, but at least you'll have more zones there if you need :-) Install the keypad over the hole you made for the 4219 or bury the 4219 wherever you can.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The only way I can think of to do it (without running wire or adding wireless) is to add 4219 (8 zone expansion module) to the keypad bus and then add the front door (and what ever else you want) to the 4219 zones. You could stuff the 4219 in the wall behind the keypad once you get the wire from the door to the keypad.

Reply to
Just Looking

Found it! Honewell makes a 6151 (Fixed English keypad with a single zone) and 6164 (Alpha keypad with 4 zone expander) Life can continue...

Reply to
Michael

That would be cool, 'cept I don't the the 6151 is available.

6164 is listed but insuffient stock nationwide and is special order only.

Weird.

| >> Wire the E/E door, using the 22/4 keypad wire. | >>

| >> Basically, the front door didnt get wired at the rough-in stage. Its | >> impossible to do now, and I dont want wireless. The keypad is right next | >to | >> the door in question. I seem to recall there is a way to wire them both | >> together on the one 4 conductor wire. | >>

| >> Any ideas would be appreciated. | >>

| >> Thanks. | >>

| >>

| >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

See if you can get a 6151 keypad with a 1-zone expansion, I think they are a canadian product

Reply to
Mark Leuck

They MAY not be available in the US yet but they are nice products

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Seems like Honeywell is trying to take a page out of the Napco catalog with these parts. I have never seen or heard of those part numbers before before actually. I called ADI and they said "not available here" (in the USA) and probably won't ever be.

Reply to
Roland More

What about the Radx 630 (i think that was the part number)...long before Napco. Same for DMP expanding keypads too.

| >

| > On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 12:46:48 -0500, "Just Looking" | > wrote: | >

| >>The only way I can think of to do it (without running wire or adding | >>wireless) is to add 4219 (8 zone expansion module) to the keypad bus and | >>then add the front door (and what ever else you want) to the 4219 zones. | >>You | >>could stuff the 4219 in the wall behind the keypad once you get the wire | >>from the door to the keypad. | >>

| >>> Wire the E/E door, using the 22/4 keypad wire. | >>>

| >>> Basically, the front door didnt get wired at the rough-in stage. Its | >>> impossible to do now, and I dont want wireless. The keypad is right | >>> next | >>to | >>> the door in question. I seem to recall there is a way to wire them both | >>> together on the one 4 conductor wire. | >>>

| >>> Any ideas would be appreciated. | >>>

| >>> Thanks. | >>>

| >>>

| >>

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link
Page 28 shows both key pads with Zone Ezpanders.

Reply to
George Siegle

I think those are out of production.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nope, Canadian products

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That would explain the fact they're listed as 0 stock at ADI.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You mean I coudn't have one drop-shipped from Blass-ted Nome? Gasp!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Test message...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.