How to bypass a zone when I want to?

Howdy. I have a Napco Gemini 3200 with two audio glass break detectors, English keypads, among many other zones. I do not put these detectors on interior bypass at night, simply because the house is a bit large and I might not hear someone breaking a window. Instead, I have them on 10 second pre-alarm to give me a chance to disarm on a false alarm. Sometimes, during heavy thunderstorms for example, I would like to bypass the glass break detectors while we sleep. Is there a way to do this without going into the programming and setting them to Interior Bypass, then changing that setting the next day? I can only think of these possibilities, does anyone have an easier way? Thanks Option 1: Bypass the two zones prior to arming by using Bypass twice. I've never tried this -- do I press Interior first, to set it to Interior Bypass Mode (for the motion sensors), then press Bypass XX for the first glass break zone and Bypass YY again for the second one? Will it display the zone #'s I've bypassed so I know I did it right? Option 2: Setup some kind of second arming area. I know the 3200 allows you to have two "areas" but I'm not sure how to select them from the same keypad? It would be nice if you could have two completely different indipendant programs using the same zones, selectable from a keypad. One day I would want to "arm area 1" which might mean everything except the motions (so I press Interior). The next day, maybe I'll press "arm area 2" and that means the same thing, except all the glass breaks are on Interior Bypass also. Is this possible? Option 3: ?? Whatever option I choose, it must be "easy for the wife to understand" if you know what I mean. Thanks for the suggestions!

Reply to
Total nerd
Loading thread data ...

This will do the trick for you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

On a Gemini 3200, you may have to enable bypass by: Enter Code Press Bypass (Message will appear that says "Bypass Enabled" Then, Press Bypass (for first GB) Press Bypass (for 2nd GB)

PS: If you would use a GE 2000 (was caddx 2000) GB, they are reliable enough that you should not have to go through this scenario. Regards, Allan

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Thanks for the tip. The order in which I enter the commands is what's confusing me a bit. Once I want to go to sleep and enable Interior Bypass Mode to shut off the motion sensors AND enable manual Bypass to shut off the GB detectors, I can't seem to get the sequence right... I think it's being picky with me. What's the sequence, do you think? I've tried:

1. Interior ("Bypass" is shown, now PIRs are disabled)
  2. Bypass
  3. Bypass
  4. On/Off (same as Code+On/Off button but I have mine set to Easy Arm) This should, in theory, do the trick, but I think I'm missing something... any clues? The manual is of little help because it doesn't tell you how to string multiple commands together like this. Thanks!
Reply to
Total nerd

I take that back. The process I outlined in my previous post works. I had forgotten to setup the zones as Selective Bypass. Once you do that, you can bypass each GB, plus use the Interior Bypass Mode to disable the PIRs in combination. For what it's worth, I honestly don't know if my GB detectors will trip during a thunderstorm, but prudence tells me that I should simply disable them when there's a strong one during the night. It's better than being startled in the middle of the night by a false alarm, and one night won't kill me...!

Reply to
Total nerd

Does the 3200 have two interior gorups like the 9600? If so just put the glassbreaks on a seond interior group. If not then bypassing manually is the easiest options for what you want.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.