Updating flash on 3620 - again

Hi again,

I really wondering what's happening on my 3620.

I bought 2 Kingston's modules KCS-F3600/16 to replace original ones and I'm getting troubles over and over. I thought they were broken so Kingston replaced them, but they still don't work.

Briefly I will give you a summary of all history:

installed new modules I went to ROMmon. there I used xmodem -r to load a IOS image from Hyperterminal (it took over 1 hour). then with an IOS running I used tftp to load the same image to flash (the router erased flash and initialized it).

After having put the register value to 0x2102 I rebooted the router and I got the ROMmon prompt several times (I set also the boot helper up) until I set the variable BOOT=flash:c3620-ik9o3s7-mz.123-13a.bin. Then finally loaded the correct image.

After that I did "write erase" and reloaded. Everything seemed to work fine. Few minutes ago I've had to power off and on twice before seeing IOS prompt.

Could be a problem of temperature/unsteady voltage (due to temperature)?

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.