Upgrading flash -> 32 mb. Cisco 3640

Hi All

I have a C3640 with 8 mb. Simm flash (with an old IOS image 11.2 etc.) I decided to upgrade it with 64 Mb. of RAM, 32 Simm flash, and an IOS image

12.3 to support extended features as a Wic-1ADSL and so on. Wich are the right steps to follow ???

I tried to install 32 Mb. flash simm first and to load from ROMMON the new IOS image using xmodem commands. But after uploaded the IOS when I tried to boot the router hangs with error messages ".....cannot load .... cannot find the magic number .... and something like that". Maybe the new IOS image is to big (about 25 Mb.) but the total amount of the flash is 32 Mb. Should I replace the the rom chip too ???

Thanks all

Piertonio

Reply to
piertonio
Loading thread data ...

take a look at the following

formatting link
Toby

Reply to
toby

Thank you

I followed this link ... but the IOS image I own are bad ... so I can't upgrade it ... I'd like to find some IOS images with IP extended , and some others features such as voice, vpn, and so on...

"toby" ha scritto nel messaggio news:AheEe.780$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...

Reply to
piertonio

Piertonio,

You may want to investigate the Cisco Feature Naviagtor:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.