SUP 720 -6513 Card Sync

HI all,

I have a 6513 with a SUP720 card, this card was not new even though we paid for new, never the less, a new card has arrived. Is there any way I can sync the conf fro the card that is in there to the new card. A few cavets. The new card i assume will be running CAtOS where the old card is running IOS, the memory is the same in both. Thanks Jason

Reply to
thejayman
Loading thread data ...

What config is it that u want to sync?

Reply to
luqs

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what i need to transfer to be honest. I am correct in thinking I can just transfer the running config and the IOS binary then set the boot paramater? I just thought i could transfer the whole setup of the first SUP card to the second and then remove the first card. Jay

Reply to
thejayman

I think so:

formatting link
Only one way to find out!!! Jam that son-bitch in there and let us know what happens.

Reply to
BSD Johnson

If you want to have redundancy between cards, they should be the same version of a software. It's impossible to have one card in the Hybrid mode, and another in the Native mode.

If you old (original) card has IOS, you should convert the new card to IOS mode too. Here is the document how to convert Sup720 from CatOS to IOS:

formatting link
Good luck,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.