Cat-6506 Sup 720 and FWSM

Hi,

I got one of my FWSM that will not boot. upon insertion i get the sho mod status of other and diags unknown. after 15 min I get log entry : power to module in slot 2 set off (module failed SCP dnld) and it goes in power down mode.

under no condition can I get a chance to issue a rest command to get to maintenance partion on cf:1

What would the correct way to upgrade cf:1 be ? I follwed the CCO guide but no luck, as the device is power-down and upon reinsertion I can not get it to accecpt any hw-module reset commands.

I think RMA ... Are there any remote commands that might help ? or ...

regards

Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like a power or fan problem. Have you checked the requirements of the blade and/or limitations of whatever power supplies you are running? You can't reset a blade that is not powered up, and the chassis has to be shutting it down for a reason. I'd tend to think power as fan issues are usually only for sup720s and up....plus you'd get an error message.

Reply to
Trendkill

I got dual 300 watts PSUs, and one other FWSM running in that chassis, so it is definently not a power issue. the Sup720-3b shuts down the blade after 15 min as there is no reason for a powered up blade that is not running correctly. This is normal. On the 1st FWSM I tried the onboard PC CONSOLE at 19200 bits, and very soon after insertion I get BIOS etc output from the blade. On the 2nd FWSM I get ... zip So I think it is faulty - a DOA blade ! So unless someone can tip me some magic commands, I will go for a RMA.

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

what are your calculated used power credits for all installed modules against what the power supplies will produce ?

Reply to
MC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.