2620XM and 2621XM

I have Cisco 2620XM and a 2621XM routers that will not hold an IOS image. I was trying to teach myself how to use xmodem and tftp. When it is all loaded it seems like everything is allright but when I goto show flash it says that there isnt anything there. I have used regular xmodem and xmodem -r. I am currently trying to load c2600basek9-mz.124-7.bin which I downloaded from Ciscos website. When I try to change the config-register I change it to 2102 but that wont change either. At times it will boot to the old OS. Please help Mike

Reply to
M&MCon
Loading thread data ...

M&MCon ( snipped-for-privacy@cpi.edu) wrote: : I have Cisco 2620XM and a 2621XM routers that will not hold an IOS : image. I was trying to teach myself how to use xmodem and tftp. When : it is all loaded it seems like everything is allright but when I goto : show flash it says that there isnt anything there. I have used regular : xmodem and xmodem -r. I am currently trying to load : c2600basek9-mz.124-7.bin which I downloaded from Ciscos website. When : I try to change the config-register I change it to 2102 but that wont : change either. At times it will boot to the old OS. Please help : Mike

When it boots, whats the mac address of the interface? If its all zeros or all ones (ff:ff...) there is a deeper problem than it forgetting the IOS image. I've got a 2621XM that has that problem. The only solution I know involves having another one that works and an eprom programmer with the right adapter to reprogram one of the two chips thats socked.

-tim

formatting link

Reply to
Tim Hogard

This may sound stupid but when it boots I am not sure that you can see the MAC address. I get that there is a magic number problem then it goes to rommon mode. thanks mike

Reply to
M&MCon

see

formatting link
from rommon mode capture the output of dir flash

have you tried How to Download a Software Image to a Cisco 2600 via TFTP Using the tftpdnld ROMMON Command

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

That was it. I was using xmodem before and it wouldnt catch. This did. Thanks for the great advise

Reply to
M&MCon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.