3750 no image

Somehow on rebooting a 3750 it seems to have lost it's image. It is part of a 3 3750 switch stack. There is one master already booted in the stack. I don't see any commands in the switch: mode that allow me to tftp load an image or boot an image over the network. Curious about how it lost it's image in the first place but more interested in getting one back on there. Any ideas?

switch: reset Are you sure you want to reset the system (y/n)?y System resetting...

Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:18:73:48:61:00 Xmodem file system is available. The password-recovery mechanism is enabled. Initializing Flash... flashfs[0]: 1 files, 3 directories flashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories flashfs[0]: Total bytes: 15998976 flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 367104 flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 15631872 flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 8 seconds. ...done Initializing Flash. Boot Sector Filesystem (bs) installed, fsid: 3 done. Loading "flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin"...fy

Error loading "flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bi"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process. Loading "flash:/update/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE1/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE1.@ Error loading "flash:/update/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE1/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process. Boot process failed...

The system is unable to boot automatically. The BOOT environment variable needs to be set to a bootable image.

switch: dir

List of filesystems currently registered:

flash[0]: (read-write) xmodem[1]: (read-only) null[2]: (read-write) bs[3]: (read-only)

switch: dir flash: Directory of flash:/

2 drwx 64 update

15631872 bytes available (367104 bytes used)

Reply to
lfnetworking
Loading thread data ...

The best way here.. is to download the IOS from one of the other 3750's then break into rommon on the one needing the upload, and upload the image there..someone must have erased the flash..

lfnetwork> Somehow on rebooting a 3750 it seems to have lost it's image.

Reply to
chizy2

but how do i download the image? do I need to break into rommon mode on boot and it will allow me to tftp?

I thought i'd read that it should download an image automatically from the master - of course, the other switches have no config so I don't know if that's applicable.

thanks

Reply to
lfnetworking

You would need to login to a good switch, then TFTP the IOS down.. you do not need to be in rommon mode on the good switchs.

If you need help with this, log> but how do i download the image? do I need to break into rommon mode on

Reply to
Chizy

but you have to set an ip on the receiving unit. the receiving unit is a new unconfigured switch. I don't see how you do that.

Reply to
lfnetworking

If you can not telnet into one of the working switches to download the IOS, then you will need a CCO login to be able to download from cisco's website.

the receiving unit you can console it up, will take a bit ( avg 1 - 1

1/2 hr ), but it can be done.

Cisco's website has the commands that you will need. If you are unsure, it might be best for you to pay for a tech to come out and do this for you.

lfnetwork> but you have to set an ip on the receiving unit. the receiving unit is

Reply to
Chizy

This thread has a link "3750 master not seeing other stack members + image loading" and discussion.

This may help to recover the non-booting switches.

formatting link

Recover them out of the stack.

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.