3620 and boot from network.

Hi all,

I've been trying to start IOS from network on a 3620.

In ROMMON those are the variable set rommon 6 > set PS1=rommon ! >

CONFIG_FILE= BOOT=tftp:c3620-ik9o3s7-mz.123-13a.bin 192.168.43.197,12; RET_2_RTS= BSI=0 RET_2_RCALTS= ?=1

but giving "reset" to the router it doesn't start from the net. What I'm missing?

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

It's been a while since I did this, but if I remember correctly you need to have a working flash image and config for this to work. The system boots into flash first, applies the config (i.e. IP address on the interface so it can connect to the TFTP server) then it loads the specified boot image.

If that is what you are trying to do then that's okay, however I am not sure what the last part of your BOOT= line ",12;" is for. Is this a typo?

If you have no IOS on your router and you are trying to load into flash then you could use the "tftpdnld" command instead.

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Kayes

That's what happened

Unfortunately I have a limited ROMmon command and tftpdnld is not available. Those are available commands:

rommon 1 > ? alias set and display aliases command boot boot up an external process break set/show/clear the breakpoint confreg configuration register utility cont continue executing a downloaded image context display the context of a loaded image cookie display contents of cookie PROM in hex dev list the device table dir list files in file system dis disassemble instruction stream dnld serial download a program module frame print out a selected stack frame help monitor builtin command help history monitor command history meminfo main memory information repeat repeat a monitor command reset system reset set display the monitor variables stack produce a stack trace sync write monitor environment to NVRAM sysret print out info from last system return unalias unset an alias unset unset a monitor variable xmodem x/ymodem image download

Perhaps I should upload to the new version of ROMmon. I tried to use xmodem but it works very slowly even if at 115.6 kbps.

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.