Newby 2950 switch question

I have uploaded a new IOS image but I get this when I try to boot it...

Why would I get a "permission denied" error on this?

switch: boot c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2.bin Loading "c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2.bin"...c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2.bin: permission denied

Error loading "c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process. Boot process failed... switch: dir

List of filesystems currently registered:

flash[0]: (read-write) xmodem[1]: (read-only) null[2]: (read-write) bs[3]: (read-only)

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
Mat
Loading thread data ...

This is a quote from the 29xx config guide for an earlier release.

Problem:

Getting "Permission Denied" error message during the bootup.

Answer:

This error message appears when the boot parameters are not set correctly. In most of the cases, when setting the boot parameters during or after the upgrade, the word flash: is mistyped or completely missed.

Reply to
Billl George

The problem is that a switch in ROMMON mode is not the brightest device. You need to be very specific about where it needs to look to find the file. If you put flash: in front of the filename it should boot up fine. The full command would be:

switch: boot flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2.bin

Assuming that that is the correct filename in your flash. you can always check to make sure with the command:

switch: dir flash:

After it has booted set the boot statement so it will automatically boot to the new image. The command is:

switch(config)#boot system flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2.bin

Good luck.

RobertB

Reply to
robertb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.