IOS 3500 switch

I just did an IOS upgrade on a 3500 switch. After the uploading completed I reload the switch, when the switch is coming up I get a message that "Loading "c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC2.bin"...c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC2.bin: permission denied

Error loading "c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC2.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process. Boot process failed... "

Why can I boot from the image?

Thank You

Reply to
Cisco563
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
If you receive the error loading flash message, this indicates that there is a problem loading the current image in Flash. The image may be corrupt, an incorrect image, or the image in Flash may be missing. If the system is unable to load a software image in Flash, the system loads the boot helper and brings up a switch: prompt. Otherwise it is in a continuous boot cycle. If the switch is stuck in a continuous boot cycle, use this procedure to bring up a switch: prompt:

Reply to
Make

I followed what both section said to do. The only way that I am able to boot the image is if I boot it manually by using the command "boot flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC11.bin". However, after I reload the switch I have the same problem. What else can I do?

Thank You

Make wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
Cisco563

So you have wrong boot string? Boot manually and conf t: boot system flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC11.bin (or something like that) exit write reload

Reply to
Make

I've seen this a couple times.

Try resetting your boot strings in both the IOS boot configuration, as well as in the bootstrap monitor once it bombs out. Make sure your config register is correct.

Its a strange error indeed.

formatting link
>

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.