"Magnet tamper" for surface mount contact?

I was just gonna comment abt how close we are to helping the bad guys with stuff like t his.

| > A small magnetic compass will tell you the location and polarity of the | > sensor. Fortunately, most thieves are too stupid to bother trying to | defeat | > the system. They mainly rely on the fact that the monitoring company | can't | > possibly get a policeman on scene in the short amount of time it takes to | do | > a typical residential burglary. | | Why don't you add another section to your FAQ's on all the different ways to | defeat a system and put that out on your websit as well? You are such an | asset to the industry Robert. | >

| > -- | >

| > Regards, | > Robert L Bass | >

| > =============================>

| > Bass Home Electronics | > 2291 Pine View Circle | > Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | > 941-925-9747 Sales & Tech Support | >

formatting link
| > =============================>

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I dunno man...there's a lotta feeds coming outta nntp...i'd just be careful abt some of the help we're givin thats all.

| Bass Home Electronics | 2291 Pine View Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | 941-925-9747 Sales & Tech Support |

formatting link
| =============================>

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I doubt it, Crash. Most of them are dumber than Cracker and don't have a clue what we're talking about. Any that have enough intelligence to find this newsgroup and make sense of the threads here could easily defeat most systems anyway.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That shouldn't be an excuse. Same line of thinking as "it's ok to fall asleep at the wheel, there isn't that many drivers on the road at that time and the ones that are should be alert enough to avoid you anyway". You should be getting tired of stepping in the cow pies by now Robert.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

And I do believe you are right about your description of thief..

after all,you did pass a moment with them in jail...so you had time to know those people..

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

or you can edit it ..

much more fun...

"Nomen Nescio" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@dizum.com...

Reply to
petem

Like this one?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Bob Worthy said;

-snip-

When you reply to one of Bass's posts, would you please take a second and edit out his sig file? Otherwise, you're just helping him promote his business by reposting his company name, phone number, and web address.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

The difference is between "seeing" it and "finding" it. Most wouldn't think to search for a hidden contact unless they knew there would be one there, as opposed to a regular surface contact that's obvious. Out of sight, out of mind :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

I guess I assume to much...

I would think any crook astute enough to unscrew the magnet and affix it to the sensor prior to opening the door (especially one who came in through the ceiling to avoid the alarm), seems to know enough about alarms to seek out a recessed switch - if he/she knew how...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Got it!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

If he had the skills to get that far, you're right, he could then defeat the magnetic contact. He wouldn't need to touch the magnet though. Most contacts do not have built-in EOLRs so all he'd need to do is short the wires coming out the side of the surface mounted contact.

However, none of this would really be necessary. If he's gotten in undetected and there is no motion detector, all he needs to do is pile the goodies up by the door and then open it when he's ready to leave. He'll have everything in his car and be long gone before the CS ever calls the police. Never mind the time it will take to pry an officer loose from his donuts and... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.