Veritas R8 - tamper

Presumably the quote of £130 was to supply & fit.

I dont think that is too extreme. Engineers have to be paid, overheads have to be paid, VAT has to be paid. ( These will amount to much more than the price of the part) A proper registered Alarm company would not be making an excessive profit at that price.(Also I presume that you would be expecting some kind of warranty - including labour and callout if it went faulty within its guarantee.)

Reply to
BIG NIGE
Loading thread data ...

Regards

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

I have an older veritas R8 alarm. Recently the keypad has been buzzing (loud enough to wake me at 2.00 in the morning) and the tamper light has been illuminated on the keypad along with zone 2 & 4.

Have been told the circuit board has a dry joint and needs replacing (about £130).

Anyone know where I can buy a new circuit board or can the dry joints be re-soldered???

TIA

Reply to
vw-stuff

Everything can be fixed, but to be told £130 is a bit of a shock

Reply to
SantaUK

And if I had a fully working keyboard, I wouldn't hit Control and Enter without finishing my post.

formatting link
Just a quick search brought up the above

Reply to
SantaUK

Not sure what dry means, perhaps a brit term for cold solder joints. They can often be seen under a magnifier. You could try re-heating a batch of them before turfing the board.

Reply to
mikey

Only problem is the system is the older type. Would the older "other" bits talk to the newer control panel?

>
Reply to
vw-stuff

Yes, just update the panel, following the instructions enclosed. Mark each wire as you take it out though, and be prepared for the siren to go when changing it. You may want to get someone in to change it over, but your saving on the parts.

Reply to
SantaUK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.