3-gang surface mount box

Hi all,

I have what I think should be a pretty easy problem to solve, but I'm not having much luck finding the product I need either locally or -- preferably -- on the web*:

I have a two-gang hole in the wall. I have a three gang plate I need to put on this hole in the wall.

Because this is a fire wall in a storage room, using a surface mount box/ring of some kind is far more desirable cost and timeline wise than the more astethically pleasing "cut the wall open and put a three gang box in there" instead option.

I know from first hand experience that many of the 1 gang boxes designed for surface mount raceway will screw on to a 1 gang wall box with a knockout in the back to pass cables through. I'm looking for something like this but in a 3 gang size.

To complicate things further (I haven't even been able to find something that matches those requirements!) I need about 1-1/2" of clear depth because of the type of connectors I am using.

I only need to get 5 Cat 5E cables through from the conduit feeding the existing box to the 3 gang plate. [I'm using Neutrik EtherCons for added durability, due to the size of the connector you can get a max of 2-connectors-per-gang, and need 5 connectors]

Thanks!

Lincoln

*- Because of the way this has to be purchased, the web is the preferable source for minimal inconvenience.
Reply to
Interested
Loading thread data ...

Panduit JBP2D and a JB1Dxx-A (xx indicates color choice), connected by a piece of LD5 or LD10 raceway. Both boxes are 2.8" deep. The 2 gang will screw onto your existing box and has 4 KOs in the back for wire entry. Connect the boxes with an inch or so of the raceway (or just place side to side) and route your 5th wire to the single gang box, which is an adhesive mount. Use some wall anchors on the single gang for increased stability.

Check the PNs on the

formatting link
site for pdfs of the specs, drop them into Google for a web supplier. Use EI (electric ivory) for the xx and you should eventually find all the color choices.

That would be my solution, especially for a storage closet.

Reply to
Roger Elmore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.