CCTV mount

I need an odd camera mount for exterior mount. Lightweight camera. Needs to be like an L mount to mount on side of building and come out abt 18 or so inches to clear the overhang then go up abt the same distance (measurements not critical at this time). Trying to avoid a custom build.

Anyone know a source?

TNX

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

(measurements

I do custom mounts all the time. Scrap metal, chop saw, wire feed welder, and a couple cans of rust cap spray paint and you are good to go. Usually I try to just make something that facilitates an existing mount or part of one, but...

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I am emt bender challenged. A few years ago I was running some on the exterior of my house for Cat5, while my daughter...abt 10 at the time watched. Dad you're doing it wrong...whaddya mean?...I'm not doing it wrong, besides what do YOU know. Shit that went on at least 5 times as I continued to bend in the wrong direction. :-)

Anyway, I'm thinking I "may" just get a way with a straight arm except it's not high enough..someone tall could probably reach it. The prospective client volunteered to install a tall pole too....that may be better.

tnx.

| > Anyone know a source? | >

| > TNX | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You got tools for that? I don't know anyone in town for custom work, do you?

| > Anyone know a source? | >

| > TNX | | I do custom mounts all the time. Scrap metal, chop saw, wire feed welder, | and a couple cans of rust cap spray paint and you are good to go. Usually I | try to just make something that facilitates an existing mount or part of | one, but... | | | -- | Bob La Londe |

formatting link
| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I do. It really doesn't take much. The key is visualizing what you want and then finding stuff that will work. I buy pipe, angle iron, and plate all the time. Occassionally I find I need something made out of tube, but that's no big deal either, just have to do a little more welding. I'm three hours drive away, but I do my own custom work. Also, if you have a good idea what you want and can draw a picture using standard steel stock to make it you can have a welding shop fabricate it for you.

I also have a steel tubing bender for round tube and a grinder besides the stuff I already mentioned. Throw in a circular saw with a metal cutting blade and a good quality angle grinder fitted with a steel brush and you can make most any type of mount.

Since most often when I want to make something that specialized its for an industrial application appearance does not have to be perfect, but it still looks pretty good.

You commented on height though. That concerns me. I have had multiple cameras ripped off the face of buildings. I am alway concerned by something sticking out at a moderate height. If practical I prefer to put a So-Itch into a finished eve or go with a Silent Witness gripless cameras if I don't have them atleast 20 feet up in the air. From what you describe having the customer install a pole may be a better option. We have installed a few poles in the past. While not cheap they do get the camera up where its more difficult to vandalize.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I try to stick with store bought but some stuff like that is hard to find, if at all. We make some of this stuff ourselves out of 3/4 inch conduit, a male adaptor, a blank plate with threaded knockouts (these come with gaskets for exterior use), a couple of 90 degree bends, a small screw (stainless) to match the camera mounting hole and a nut (stainless), some Rust-o-lium primer and a color to match the exterior of the building and it is as good as a store bought and less expensive. It really helps when the application doesn't require exact 90's like you will get from the factory. You can get pretty creative if your good with a pipe bender, especially if you need something that must stay tight to the building.

(measurements

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Also check out Wren, Batko, and EMI/APW

Reply to
cctvbahamas

I dunno any of those names.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link
?level1=housings
formatting link

Reply to
cctvbahamas

hey thanks.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I could make a mount to do that, no problem. Wire goes in through the base and out at the top with flex or what? I'ld charge a couple hundred bucks to make it neat and wonderful, but you could probably get a local welding (Joe's Welding etc) fabricator to do it for you up there too. I think that does look better than a pole along the building. If I make the client aware that sometimes cameras are ripped off of buildings and they choose not to have me do anything else then I don't worry about.

The picture is adequate. So I take it you just want one of those only taller? The only thing you would need to decide is how you plan to route the wire.

If you want me to make you one give me the dimensions, but like I said a local guy would be glad to make it for you up there too. Its not hard. I'ld probably use the swivel adjustment bracket off a cheap all metal camera mount at the top of my custom bracket rather than try to fabricate that part. Not that I couldn't but why reinvent the horse.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ok..lemme see if I even get the job. I supposed to call the guy today but I got stuck in an attic fixing rodent damaged wires (yecko).

I'll budget for a couple hundred and if I get it I'll make drawings and call ya.

He had offered to install poles, I guess h e has someone that does that...if we have to go that route it'd save me time since all i'd have to do is weathertight flex up to a mount....we'll see.

Thanks.

R.

| > The soffit popout is at abt 10 feet maybe. It is behind a locked gate, | > however someone could stand on top of the gate I guess. Not a real high | > crime area, in fact theyve never had a problem, its just to record cars | > entering and leaving the gated area it's looking right at the Door King | unit | > abt 40ft away. | >

| > Cell phone cameras suck...at least mine does. | >

| >

| >

| > | > | > Anyone know a source? | > | > | >

| > | > | > TNX | > | > | | > | > | I do custom mounts all the time. Scrap metal, chop saw, wire feed | > | welder, | > | > | and a couple cans of rust cap spray paint and you are good to go. | > | Usually | > | > I | > | > | try to just make something that facilitates an existing mount or | part | > of | > | > | one, but... | > | > | | > | > | | > | > | -- | > | > | Bob La Londe | > | > |

formatting link
| > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I take it "wheels" aren't in huge demand in Arizona... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.