Scantronic 500r+ reset tamper

Can any alarm gurus out there help a noob out. I've accidently (stupidly) set off a tamper alarm by removing a detector from the wall. How can I reset the detector etc? The user manual says contact engineer for service, but I've no idea who installed the alarm. I have a copy of the installation and user guide but need some help to find the correct command. Do I need a special engineer code?

Thanks in advance Mike

Reply to
MyKey
Loading thread data ...

usually just put the cover back on and enter you code once or twice to clear. or arm and disarm to clear depending on which system you have.

Reply to
GROUP MODERATOR

I stupidly pulled a plug apart in the engine compartment of my car. How can I reset the check engine light on the dash board. The manual says to bring it to my mechanic, but I don't have a mechanic. I have a copy of the users guide but need some help to find the correct command. Do I need a special engineer code?

Duuuuuuuuuh Would it help to know what make model and year, my car is? Duuuuuuu ...... HuH? HUH? Would it?

Reply to
Jim

unhook the battery for a few minutes then hook back up

Reply to
GROUP MODERATOR

purely from memory, I don't think the 500r needs eng code to reset a tamper. You should be able to reset with the user code. Make sure the detector cover is secured properly and it should transmit back to the panel. If after a few attempts this doesn't work I would advise you replace the battery in the detector. (yes the 500r is a radio panel)

good luck

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

cmp1951 had written this in response to

formatting link
:

Notice you state you have an installation guide for the Scantronic 500r+.

I need a copy of said guide - I have (don't kno how) changred a user code and cannot now use the alarm, since it has been set off and I cannot reset it.

I have tried the installer codes and master codes noted in another panel manual using the same accessories, but they don't help.

Not only that, even if they did, I wwouldn't kno what the sequence of buttons to press to reset, and recode.

Mike 106652.3564_at_compuserve_dot_com

------------------------------------- Jim wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 44250 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
cmp1951

JC007 had written this in response to

formatting link
: Did you find a successful solution to this issue? I have recently moved into new house with the 500r, I have also stupidly set off the tamper alarm on the panel. I am having no luck in resetting it. I have no user code (previous owner deceased). I disconnected the battery but this set the external siren off, so that's been reconnected! I have silenced the panel alarm by unplugging the speaker as a short term fix. Can anyone help me reset the tamper?

Thanks Justin

cmp1951 wrote:

formatting link
:

-------------------------------------

Reply to
JC007

Hi If its any help I have the engineers manual for the 500r. Default engineers is 7890 but simple enough to factory default if changed. Repost if you need any further help. HTH CJ

JC007 had written this in response to

formatting link
Did you find a successful solution to this issue? I have recently moved into new house with the 500r, I have also stupidly set off the tamper alarm on the panel. I am having no luck in resetting it. I have no user code (previous owner deceased). I disconnected the battery but this set the external siren off, so that's been reconnected! I have silenced the panel alarm by unplugging the speaker as a short term fix. Can anyone help me reset the tamper?

Thanks Justin

cmp1951 wrote:

formatting link
:

-------------------------------------

Reply to
CJ

Il giorno mercoledì 11 aprile 2007 14:59:16 UTC+2, MyKey ha scritto:

exist molex to reset at default the panel do u want know what is the molex on the circuit ( jumper )

Reply to
xpoiled

exist molex to reset at default the panel do u want know what is the molex on the circuit ( jumper )

Its a long shot but you could try the DEFAULT engineer code (7890) to try to reset the Tamper.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Hi there

How can I reset this alarm and get it up and running again please?

I moved into a house with no manuals so can't use

Thanks

Reply to
chevvyb

formatting link

Reply to
JoeRaisin

You don't need user name and password - look at the upper left for:

News | About | Panel Guides

Click on 'Panel Guides' and then follow the list to your make and model.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.