Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VPN not connected with global IP
Hi I have a PIX 6.1 with the following configuration (not shown fully) access-list incoming permit gre any any access-list outgoing permit gre any any global (outside) 1...

VPN/ADSL/Wireless for small office?
If this is not the correct, forum, please point me at one that is ;-). I'm trying to help a friend who runs a (very) small business. They currently have internet access via a Netgear DG834PN providing...

Best way to secure management dial in
Hi all I'm planning to implement dial in using a modem connected to the console port of our core routers. My concern however is how this can be made secure. Any ideas? Regards Fredrik

Cisco ACNS Proxy + TCP_MISS
Hi All, In regards to the ACNS Proxy hardware appliance, I have recently installed a unit and although it is performing well enough, we are not seeing anything for savings about 18% for total cache...

Subinterfaces on a 3560
You don't create sub-interfaces, you create VLAN interfaces. i.e. interface VLAN 100 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

Bridge NetBEUI - can I use a PVLAN instead?
I've been meaning to use this feature. I don't know if this is such an occasion. I have two separate networks on separate VLAN's. For the most part, they need to be isolated from each other at layer...

Cisco 870 - VPN - DMZ in four contries : Is it the way to Hell or Heaven ?
Hi One year ago I was so tired of my Novell VPN that I replaced is with 4 cisco Cisco 870 (Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Gotenburg, Helsinki) I choose Cisco becourse I wanted to have some equipment where I...

Campus Design Problem - Redundancy, HSRP, STP, VLANs...
Access1 (Servers, Internet) / \ / \ L2trunk_A / \ L2trunk_D / \ / \ / \ / \ Dist1-----------------Dist2 (L2trunk) \ / \ / \ / L2trunk_B \ / L2trunk_C \ / \ / \ / Access2 (Clients) / / L2 trunk / AP1...

Design Considerations
For you creative/design type individuals who love to give their 2 cents. I would like to hear ideas. Background on my self, i am a Net Admin contractor, and consider myself a newbie with less than 2...

ASA 5500: connection is still on after the ACL is modified
The answer may be simple but my searches could not show me any solution. On my ASA 5510, I have an access-list that has an entry allowing the remote network to telnet to an internal host ( no NAT...

ASA 5505 ASDM Startup Wizard - does it work at all?
I got a Cisco ASA 5505 with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.2(2). Normally I always configure my equipment through CLI, but since it is my first ASA I thought I would give the...

Can't remove a line from Cisco 2620 config
Hello. I have had a Cisco 2620 LAN router that we have used for years. I recently purchased another 2620 router as a backup. I have copied the config from the original router to the backup router. Now...

Pix 506e - 1721 problem
Hi all, I need to change my border router to a 1721 with one sdsl and one adsl interface this then connects to a pix 506e but the 1721 has been configured with public ip's on the wan's (each ip is...

Force VPN Client to "Main Mode"?
Anyone know how to do the above? It seems that with "Shared Key" the client always uses Aggressive Mode. Thanks, Paul DS.

Cisco 3000 concentrator --> ASA VPN configuration?
I have a couple Cisco 3000 series concentrators in my Enterprise that handle VPN duties for remote users. It's not overly complicated, but I do have a few different groups created for those users;...