Cisco 3000 concentrator --> ASA VPN configuration?

I have a couple Cisco 3000 series concentrators in my Enterprise that handle VPN duties for remote users. It's not overly complicated, but I do have a few different groups created for those users; different IP ranges assigned, different rights, etc. Some of the groups can authenticate directly against our Windows Active Directory since it's supported directly via the 3000.

So I wanted to buy a couple more and I see they are discontinued now. I know I can still find them if I wanted to - but I figure I would get with the times and I ordered an ASA 5520 to replace one of them for testing.

I'm good with CLI in general and know my IOS, but I was never a PIX guy. Since the 3000 was all GUI, I'm not sure where to start to duplicate the identical functionality of my VPN3020 concentrator to work on the ASA. I don't care about it's firewall or IDS features just yet - I just want it to work with my Windows clients.

Is there a place online where it talks about how to configure the ASA for us coming from a 3000? I've poked around on the CLI and I don't see half the functionality that I had with my 3000.

-Robert

Reply to
Robert
Loading thread data ...

Sure, have a look at:

formatting link
Specifically, there are documents for migrating to ASA 7.x for VPN 3000 Concentrator administrators; here's the one for ASA 7.2:

formatting link
Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Melbourne

Huh. I don't know how I missed that one. Thanks.

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:22:06 GMT, Matthew Melbourne wrote

Reply to
Robert

Hmm.. It still doesn't quite help. I guess I will have to learn the hard way.

Robert

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.