Design Considerations

For you creative/design type individuals who love to give their 2 cents. I would like to hear ideas.

Background on my self, i am a Net Admin contractor, and consider myself a newbie with less than 2 years in the field and brand spankin new CCNP.

We got a network where 2600 series routers will be replaced. These were filling the role at the NOC of being interface routers, interconnecting various subnets. But the question is, what is the logical step up from 2600? 2800? or maybe even 3725's if they are not overkill for interface routers.

Then there's the remote site 2811XM routers that pass all of the VPN traffic. just static routes and tunnels here. The idea here was to upgrade to 3725.

then there's the crappy Voice we have. some Net.Com product are the voice gateways, connecting our analog phones to the IP network, and we hate it. But as far as Voice goes, all i know is what i learned from ONT, cisco voice gateway, and CallManager. It would have to be a distributed call processing scenario, with Survivable Remote Site whatever the feature was, as our current setup has these voice gateways maintain their own call routing tables and is fully meshed for failover.

Key requirement : i have trouble figuring out which models support the IOS features we need. Mainly SSH.

is there a master list of IOS's with a brief of it's features?

Reply to
FancyDeadCat
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.