Bridge NetBEUI - can I use a PVLAN instead?

I've been meaning to use this feature. I don't know if this is such an occasion.

I have two separate networks on separate VLAN's. For the most part, they need to be isolated from each other at layer 2, so creating a single VLAN routing both networks (one secondary IP) would not work.

But I do have two boxes though that need to talk to each other at layer 2 because of NetBEUI. They are on different VLAN's and IP networks. I don't want any other boxes on either VLAN to be in the same layer-2 broadcast domain except these two. I could probably turn on bridging and filter out everything but the NetBEUI protocols, but if I can use the private-vlan feature of Cisco switches, I think that may work better.

Is this what it is used for? Based on my description above, could somebody tell me if I would use promiscuous or community PVLAN ports to accomplish my goal?

Thanks, Robert

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.