Cisco ACNS Proxy + TCP_MISS

Hi All,

In regards to the ACNS Proxy hardware appliance, I have recently installed a unit and although it is performing well enough, we are not seeing anything for savings about 18% for total cache bytes. For total sites I am seeing above %30 but this does not help. As the byte count miss is so high.

One entry I am seeing a lot of in relation to a TCP_MISS is a URL with a "?" within the URL. And any site that contains this is being classified a a TCP_MISS.

This is causing issues with the total byte counts and not allowing amy more than 18% for cache hits.

I have a call logged with our supplier, but I do not hold a lot of hope to get a fix or even a work around for this.

Has anybody else seen this issue or have a work around.

I have been looking into utilising a rule for this, but I do not see how I can with a ?.

Any suggestions or possible work arounds.

The box is running code 5.5.7.7

Cheers

Damian

Reply to
Damian
Loading thread data ...

A "?" in a url indicates that the request is a form submission from the client using a "get". You usually do NOT want to service these requests from the cache which is why they aren't.

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.