need help with SBC dsl and RT311

hallo,...

Can anyone help me with the problem i am having setting up SBC dsl model (westell wirespeed 36R516) and netgear rt311 router?

I tried both PPOE and Ethernet setting on my router, but still can't get the Link/Act light to come up. I checked the WAN IP, it is 0.0.0.0. I tried the suggested solution on netgear website, to restart both my router and dsl modem, then telnet to my router with option 24 and 4. but still didn't work.

I don't need username and password to connect to internet. and I verify with Oplink.net (the ISP but it is for SBC dsl), and they said i know need username and password for my router.

Thank you so much in advance for you help!

Gunadi

Reply to
glauw
Loading thread data ...

(westell wirespeed 36R516) and netgear rt311 router?

Link/Act light to come up. I checked the WAN IP, it is 0.0.0.0.

and dsl modem, then telnet to my router with option 24 and 4. but still didn't work.

Oplink.net (the ISP but it is for SBC dsl), and they said i know need username and password for my router.

Presumably, when you connect your PC directly to the modem, the PPPoE client on your PC uses a username and password, unless you have fixed IP service from SBC. Therefore, you need that same username/password combo set in the PPPoE client in the router, e.g. snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net password.

Reply to
Rick Wintjen

(westell wirespeed 36R516) and netgear rt311 router?

Link/Act light to come up. I checked the WAN IP, it is 0.0.0.0.

and dsl modem, then telnet to my router with option 24 and 4. but still didn't work.

Oplink.net (the ISP but it is for SBC dsl), and they said i know need username and password for my router.

Or whatever your full e-mail address is for username. If your username is only your username, it will not work (SBC Yahoo has multiple domains). Same goes for logging onto anything SBC Yahoo related (e-mail, website, etc.)

Reply to
David Efflandt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.