Help configuring a Speedstream 4100 with a Netgear RT311

I have a Netgear RT311, been running fine for years. Just replaced my cable modem for DSL. (Long story) First thing I noticed is both the modem and the router are using the same IP address. Both are set to

192.168.0.1. So I am assuming that is part of the problem. The modem appears to retain the username and password for logging into SBC. When I use them separately, no problems. When I hook the DSL modem up to the router, it will not connect. I know I have version 2.24 of the router's firmware. Not sure if that would make a difference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As far as my network goes, and how it worked in the past, was cable modem to router, to network hub, to computers. Any suggestions and help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Lee

Reply to
Lee
Loading thread data ...

Well, I ended up ditching the router. Hooked the modem up directly to my hub with a cross over cable. Then manually configured my network IP addresses. I was certain someone on here could have come up with a suggestion.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.