VPN SBC/ATT&T DSL connection problem

OS on laptop is Win XPSP2. Using Cisco VPN 4.6.02. and broadband isp is SBC/ATT&T with 2WIRE dsl modem/router with built-in wireless. The error message I get is "The specified remote computer could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try connecting again". I'm trying to connect to my office network from home. When I ping the ip addresses of the terminal server and server I get a response, but when I ping the names of the terminal server and server I don't get any response. I've done a search on connecting with vpn and dsl and it seems that there is a lot of problems with using vpn connection with sbc dsl. First of all does SBC dsl allow this and could it be something in their dsl software that is installed on the laptop that is preventing this? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
JJM0926
Loading thread data ...

You may also wish to investigate the 2Wire Forum:

formatting link
As well as the SBC/AT&T DSL Support Forum:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Technical Forums

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.