Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Network Logging ?
Hi, Hope this is a reasonable place to ask this question. Please point in right direction if not. Scenario: Assume a regular-Joe wireless laptop user enters some establishment or other which offers...

aquiring network address...please help
Hi! I know you've written a lot about this problem already...I've tried a few things but it doesn't work... anyway... I've just bought a laptop and now I'm trying to connect it to internet. At home I...

Wireless Not Being Detected On Acer Travelmate 4050
Hello. Normally I can connect to wireless networks using the built in wireless in the Acer Travelmate 4050. But for some reason I cannot connect to a D-Link DSL G604T. It will not display in the...

Solve this wireless card mystery
Got a Dell Inspiron 2500 and a "Dynex DX-WGNBC" PCMCIA network card, which is apparently a Best Buy store brand. Seems to have an Atheros chipset. I initially install it on the laptop, which has a...

Just a question
I have 3 computers networked wireless. Every once in a while they can't find the network. I can connect the one close to the router wired to the router and then it and the other 2 wireless can find...

panel vs yagi
This is sketchy info, but please give me your best guess. Was using a 2dBi rubber duckey whip to pick up a signal about 20 degrees off it's peak angle and getting a "fair to good" connection, good...

Wireless difficulities with a Trendnet USB Adapter.
I am working on an OptiPlex GX260 and have the basic system software installed. The network will be wireless and not wired. Hotspots and AP's are present externally. This person has a Trendnet USB...

Linksys WRT54G vs GL vs GS
I've read several reviews of the G, a few of the GL, and a couple of the GS. I have concluded that the GS is the most reliable of the three models. While I don't need the speedboost capability, I...

Network Stumbler and Atheros AR5005G
I've an Atheros AR5005G WLAN in my Acer 9302 notebook. Network Stumbler gives a message "No wireless adapter found". In the menu>Device the adapter nework adapter is seen but it's displayed in a grey...

Could you answer this question for me?
My girlfriend has an assignment and asked me to look up the answer to this question, and I really don't know very much about it, or how to search for it on Google. If someone could tell me either, it...

Cursed problem: Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG
Hi everyone! I am trying to solve this problem for a couple of weeks now, hopefully u will help me to get a proper sleep. :) I have a small home network, 3 laptops, all connected wireless. Everything...

Siemens Speedstream 4100 problems
I have a Siemens Speedstream 4100 modem (ethernet connection) connected to a wireliess linksys router G2.4 broadcom. Very randomly the connection to the internet breaks off without any trigger....

Get Wireless Connection from Another Building
Hi, I have one building where I have internet connection, the building is covered with wired and wireless network, the wireless connection is too weak (I cannot get signal even when I stand infront of...

Wont recognize Adapter
Ok. Well I got a new dell a few months ago. The wireless internet worked fine. I decided to restore my computer so its like new (Before anything was installed). So when I finsh I plug the adapter in...

noob setup
Ok so just to get it out of the way. I know what war driving is and now that I have my sweet laptop I want to get started. But before I do I have a few things I need to address and get figured out....