Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Speed of 802.11n network with pre-N and N clients?
How well does an 'n" network perform with two or more clients when one of then has a "b" or a "b" interface?

Checked the router settings..
I need some help, I am finding problems in setting up my wireless network for a past two weeks and at present I have wireless adaptor installed in my desktop and can view my router/SSID. On trying to...

wireless signal strength
Hi folks, I have a Dynamode Router BR 6004 WG1 and a Dynamode 54mbps WL G1 7005 USB adapter. The router is less than 20 feet away in the next room, and my signal is constantly low or very low and...

Failed upgrade of firmware
Hi all, Does anyone have some experience on how to deal with a failed firmware upgrade on a HP Procurve 420? :-(

Is it possible to use a router as a relay station
Hi I have a problem with a wifi network. We run a small network of macs with two PC's. The internet link on the P.c's is continually dropping despite the the fact we can access files off of the server...

Senior Design Project: Wireless System... HELP!!!
I am currently working on a senior design project for next semester and need some help. The objective of the design is to take a wired barcode scanner and convert it to a wireless scanner that can...

WTB 12dBi+ OMNI
Hi Everyone I am on the lookout for an OMNI directional antenna with a gain of not less than 12dBi. It is for outside use. I am a misely old bugger and don't want to pay the big bucks for a new one....

Can't get wireless NIC to connect to router
Hello all. While troubleshooting a friend's network, I can't get a wireless NIC to work. Here are the stats on the network: ISP: AT&T DSL Router: Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHz router model WRT54G...

Wireless connection problem - can't get Linksys NIC to work
Hello all. While troubleshooting a friend's network, I can't get a wireless NIC to work. Here are the stats on the network: ISP: AT&T DSL Router: Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHz router model WRT54G...

Wireless connection problem - can't get Linksys NIC to work

Wireless connection problem - can't ping router

wireless button?
I have had a wireless network set up for a while. Recently a laptop (Compaq Presario V3000) stopped connecting. THe messages I am running across are: Wireless Network Connection 2: Not connected....

Wireless power limit
Hello everyone I am attempting to find out what the maximum power limitations for wireless equipment (900/2400/5800) are here in NZ and how is it measured, ie output of the AP or total ERP from...

WRT54G aerial qustion
I cannot seem to confirm if there is an aftermarket aerial that would fit my wrt54g router I see that the antena unscrews but am not sure if it is a standard RP-SMA connector fitting Any links? Thanks...

is my router bricked? can i bring it back? suggestion for new one?
I was trying to set up an FTP server on one of the computers on my network. I tried port forwarding, but couldn't connect with my FTP client so I tried upgrading the firmware of my router. It is a...